Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Bundles of Babies

 I have been busy as a little bee this last week working on a baby shower gift; paper crafting and sewing. You can see the sewn projects here. There really isn't anything more therapeutic for me than  being creative and doing it with a PURPOSE!  When I started blogging again in the last month or two it has been with the sole purpose that I will share when I am making something for SOMEONE or for a specific event that I NEED!  Today is the perfect example! I just love babies...especially when I have the excuse to make something for a baby girl!
 The last card I made for this particular recipient wasn't my best work and it was just "thrown" together and I wasn't super happy with it. I am not running behind, which is usually the case, and I am surprisingly ahead of schedule, which is refreshing! So, with that being the case, I took a little bit of extra time on her card to give it some fun details.
 The quilt that I made her had elephants on it so I chose to use this elephant image from the "Bitty Baby Blessings" stamp set. I usually rotate between that one and "Baby Button Bits". They are two of my favorites.  I also used the sentiment from the "Boutique Borders: Baby" set and the little alphabet stamps are from PSX. I just love them and have had them for YEARS! They are older than my oldest child! LOL!






 I also made her a little "Baby's First Year" mini tag album for her to write a few details in each month.  Nothing fussy or fancy, just to the point.







I computer generated all of the words for each page. I had saved the document from the last one I made back in January.  I didn't take a good picture of that one, so I thought I would showcase this one a little bit better.








 Each month has the same idea, obviously.








 I just used different embellishments for each page.




I just did a mass die-cut session using the coordinating dies that go with the "Bitty Baby Blessings" stamp set and just had fun making each piece. It is sooo easy that way!  The cupcake on the front is from the "Baby Button Bits" die collection, however!

That's all! Thanks for fluttering by!

5 comments:

Leslie M. said...

I absolutely love these!!!! and if you don't mind I'm going to copy! I have a baby shower to go to on Saturday and this is perfect.

Anonymous said...

What a cute combination gift!

Janice Rosenthal Rock said...

Kelly - I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am that you are once again blogging frequently! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your projects - both paper and sewing (I do both, also) . . . I have been very patient over the last year or so, knowing how full you have your hands with home, your sweet kids, etc. . . .but LOVE that you're sharing online again! THANK YOU!! Blessings to you as you live as the most important person in their world, to your sweet babies!

Marci C said...

Love these projects! As always, amazed by your talents. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us!!
Quick question, do you happen to know the brand of the number washi tape you used on this project? I LOVE it!!

paula e. said...

Beautiful projects! Love all the baby items. I love making the PTI baby booties. I found their felt to be the best, but I do have to be careful not to rip the holes. I think the different colors of felt may make a difference (the dye?) anyway, I love the reaction from everyone hen they re opened!