Friday, March 27, 2015

AHOY little sailor!

I needed a QUICK card today and so I decided to play with this week's Mojo Monday Sketch.  I love how simple it is; perfect for today's card. I knew I wanted to head in a nautical direction to coordinate with the outfits I bought for a sweet new baby boy.






The sailboat was die cut and then paper pieced as well as a little bit of coloring.  I "frosted" the edges of the sentiment panel and the entire perimeter of the card with white ink for a little bit of extra dimension. This is a great way to add some interest without adding any bulky layers.




I sprinkled a few of my new burnished silver sequins over the top. The anchor button does just that...it "anchors" the elements together.  A piece of baker's twine wrapped twice finishes off this simple design.







I always love adding a sentiment to the inside and I especially love when the stamp set includes it, such as this one. Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

This is ADORABLE! I love every single detail!!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card! Love it.

KimCreate said...

So nice perfect for a baby boy

Tanya said...

The sentiment works perfectly with the sailboat theme!! Great card!