Saturday, February 21, 2015

Thank you "sew" much!

 I needed one more quick thank you for one of my PTA friends that helped me with the teacher dinner last month. I made these for everyone else, but she has a gluten allergy so that wasn't an option.  I have always wanted to make a sewing themed thank you and this was the perfect opportunity.  I just grabbed one of the dollar store travel sewing kits and added this little tag.




 While I could have made the entire presentation a little more "splendid", if you will, I didn't want the other ladies to regret having to have chocolate instead of a sewing kit! LOL! Anyway, it just needed to be simple, yet fun!  I have only used these thread cards from the "hanging by a thread" set from PTI once, but I love them. I love Nichole's clever use of her favorite literary and television characters on some of the images. This one in particular references Anne and Gilbert Blythe from the "Anne of Green Gables" series, which is one of my ALL TIME favorites. I'm thinking I'm going to need to work some of these into a fun gift for my book club!

I obviously wanted to work some "sewing" themed elements into the card so I did  a little zig zag stitch at the bottom using my sewing machine, I also added a pin which when I add them to cards or gifts, I use wire cutters to snip off the sharp end. I don't want to injure the recipient.  I created a small felt rose and added a button to the inside. The finishing touch was the accordion medallion to the back and a few dew drops for some shine.  Quick, easy and fun! I hope she likes it!

1 comment:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very cute, LOVE the colors!