Monday, February 9, 2015

Little monkey...you make my heart smile!

 Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Today's card is made for my sweet little baby and is #9 in my 14 days of Valentines series!  I decorated his nursery in sock monkeys and I had this stamp from some different projects I have done in there, so it definitely needed to be used for his Valentine's Day card!  He IS such a monkey!  I found the stamp at Hobby Lobby where they also have a coordinating paper as well as fabric which I used on his quilt.  I love when the stars align like that.




 Today is rainy and gray, so I struggled to get a good picture.  I used today's Mojo Monday sketch as well. I needed to get this done quick and a sketch was the way to do it. I was also pleased to find that today's sketch was super simple and straight forward.  My baby isn't going to care one way or the other, anyway! LOL! The sentiment is from one of the frame up sets from PTI and I just love it. The heart punch frames it perfectly! I also added a little hand cut arrow for some extra detail!



Mr. Monkey had his hand held up in the perfect way for him to be holding something....something like a felt heart! I die cut it with felt and added a super teensy weeny button to it as well. Buttons and sock monkeys go hand in hand!  Because I added that little detail, it made it necessary for me to stray from the sketch and need to flip the ribbon to the other side.
The paper is old...some from SU! but the zig zag pattern seemed perfect for a sock monkey card. Thanks for fluttering by and stay tuned for tomorrow's project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great bow and paper combo. Nice work.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is adorable. My boys would go crazy for that little sock monkey! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!