Thursday, February 19, 2015

Birthday Bag Challenge

 I'm back again with another birthday design to share with you. When I was searching my stash for a gift bag the other day, I realized how many bags I had without matching cards. If you will remember, I made a little "challenge" for myself to create matching cards for all of the cute gift bags I was getting at the dollar store. It was a little  bit of an inspiration challenge for me. Today's card was created using the newest Mojo Monday sketch as well.


 The pattern paper I used on today's design is a double sided piece, which I love!  The stamp set is "Tag It's #10" from PTI and I think I have only used it once! Shame on me!  It is a cute little set and worked perfectly with this week's sketch. I always love what Julee comes up with.  The sketch included a diagonal piece which I chose to place a little more emphasis on. I ran it through my cuttlebug using the same embossing folder that I did on the previous card. I then die cut it using the ticket punch. I think it gives it a little more visual interest.


 The gift back had some sparkly embossing on the words so I chose to use some Iridescent Ice embossing powder on the star image to recreate the feel a little bit.  Lots of sparkles and sequins for whomever the recipient of this card will be!  I like being prepared for crazy days when I just need to run to my birthday stash and grab something quick. I always like having a coordinating set as well.




You can see the card with the bag here.  It is a super cute bag and in the end, I am not sure I did it justice. I have a few St. Patrick's day things I want to make, so stay tuned for those.  Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great inspiration from two different sources!