Friday, May 3, 2013

Wishing you rainbows and sunshine!

 I still haven't figured out why my photos look so blurry and washed out on Blogger. So sorry! It is frustrating me SOOOOOOmuch!!!! This isn't how they look when I am editing them!!!!My sweet niece is celebrating her 8th birthday tomorrow!  I knew I wanted to incorporate a "rainbow" theme into her card, so "Up, Up and Away" was the perfect stamp set to start with. I have never actually used the rainbow image from this set, so it was fun to get it inky.  Because the rainbow only had four stripes, I knew that I would need to incorporate the rest of the colors of the rainbow using the hot air balloons.  These darling images are some of my favorite to work with and I have been using them quite a bit lately.
 Of course they needed to have some Diamond Stickles to really make them sparkle.  I also added some to the clouds for some fun dimension and shine.  The felt border at the top, the number eight and the rolled rose were all die-cut using felt.  I liked the eyelet border at the top because I thought that it looked like a whole bunch of 8s on their sides! LOL!
She isn't super girly so I didn't want to add too much pink or too many flowers, but no girl can resist a little sparkle now and then, right? I had to add some rhinestone gems for some extra detail! I hope she likes it...I enjoyed making it! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Lisa Dolson said...

Darling card! Your colors are perfect for a not so girly girl. Also, your PTA gifts from your last post are wonderful too!

Anonymous said...

Was out of town for a few days and you just went to town creating! Love this!