Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"You are wonderful" & "Plant a seed"

 I am in charge of the door prize at our PTA meetings.  I have been a slacker and haven't done it the last two months!  I decided to make the one for our meeting tomorrow, plus the two I missed.  The one for tomorrow is further down and these are the other two.  I really love using this pillow box die from PTI.  It is just the right size for favors or little gifts and even better for gift cards!



These little boxes were die-cut using some old SU! paper that I have had, but worked nicely with the color scheme I was going for. I actually made the other box (the one further down) first, so I wanted to tie the colors all together.  I made the rolled roses using a My Favorite Things die-cut. I am obsessed with these!  I also added some punched butterflies for some added interest.  I love the little quote and I think it works well to give to someone who volunteers their time and efforts with the PTA.
I was really struggling to get a good photo of this box. The light is funky today and I am too impatient to wait for the "right" light and I need to give it away tomorrow.  I tried to take a few more pictures so you could see each of the different aspects.  The box is a simple open-ended box with a cello bag filled with chocolate and a coordinating tag.  When I first got this stamp set last year I was in love and then when they made the coordinating dies I was even more thrilled. I haven't used it since last fall, but with Spring in full bloom, I was itching to use it!




For the tag, I used the gardening gloves and tool, and another rolled rose.  I told you I was obsessed. I really like this quote and I thought it was especially fitting to give to someone in the PTA. I added some sparkle using Diamond Stickles, one of my favorites!






Here is a little better view of the front of the box, not perfect, but better.  I used the seed packet die-cut that coordinates with this stamp set.  Again, another rolled rose with a gem in the center.  I had a lot of fun putting these boxes together. I hope the ladies like them!  We find out what we are having on Thursday! I am so excited! I will share with you when I find out!  Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

Those pillow boxes and coordinating tags are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! What special gifts for the PTA volunteers!!! So sweet of you!

BA Vella said...

Loved what you did for both projects! I just got the seed packet frame die and coordinating stamp set so I was really checking out your box :)

Tanya said...

These are all such cute ideas!!

Anonymous said...

So cute and love the colors. Great job!