Friday, May 10, 2013

My heart is *always* with you....Mom!

 I decided to get a head start on the two Mother's Day cards that I need.  I have been using this set quite a bit lately for some different projects that I have been working on and I knew that I could make it work for a Mother's Day design as well.  I absolutely adore the little house image and coordinating die.  Just the sentiment alone would never give it away that it is for a Mom, so I added the die-cut letters using a felt rolled rose as the "o". I thought it was super cute if I do say so myself.  I added a little pearl to the center. I think Mother's Day and pearls just go hand in hand.  The letters were die-cut using pattern paper, adhered to a second sheet of white cardstock that had also been die-cut and then I added glossy accents to the top.



I haven't really been getting too fancy with my layouts...I am thinking I need to participate in some sketch challenges a little more often. They always help me to get out of my rut.  Once I had the house die-cut and stamped, I added it to a circle with the grass and flowers all stamped out.  You can't tell from the photo, but there is a little dot of stardust stickles in the center of each flower.




I also stamped a little sentiment on the inside of the card, but I didn't photograph it. The final touch was some ribbon with the butterfly attached. I added some more pearls to the butterfly.  Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. I hope my mom doesn't stop by here before Sunday!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely and the Mom is so spsecial!