Friday, April 5, 2013

Lily of the Valley "Thank You"

 Before I show you the last card design in the set, I decided to show you the quick little box I made yesterday for a friend. We had the opportunity to take our girls to the dress rehearsal of Ballet West's upcoming performance of the ballet "Jewels".  She drove so I wanted to give her a little "thank you".

 When I was shopping for paper for my card sets, I came across this beautiful paper from Graphic 45. I was going to incorporate it into a card, but it never happened.  I had really been itching to use it and it worked very nicely on this box.  The papers are from the Secret Garden collection and perfect for Spring!


 There isn't any actual stamping on this project, even though I would love to take credit for coloring the beautiful image.  I did add some diamond stickles all around the border as well as on the flowers.  I also made a tiny felt rosette to add with the cluster of buttons on the bottom. I die-cut so much felt ricrac while I was making my cards, that I had quite a bit of felt left over so I thought I would put it to good use and make a rosette.  The center pearl is just an adhesive one that fit perfectly.



Whenever I give little gifts like this, the recipient is always wary of "ruining" it by undoing the bow.  I have learned to make things simple by attaching the ribbon to the inside of the box top and then tying the bow on top. I attached the main image to the top as well, that way she only needs to slide the lid off. You can see what I mean in the photo below.  On a side note, I took some time the other day to revisit my earliest blog posts. Not only was it fun to take a stroll down memory lane, but I realized that I no longer use some of my favorite sets. I decided to venture to my storage under the stairs and find some of them. Hopefully I won't bore you with using old SU! sets, but I love them.  Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your work is always so beautiful all the time and today is no different, just perfect! so happy you will be revisiting old SU sets. I like doing that too!

Anonymous said...

There is no such thing as boring with old sets. If you are like me, you love all your stamps and it's how you use them, not how old they are. Love the box and I am a fan of Graphic 45!

Debra said...

Love your box as usual - you make the nicest stuff!