Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oops!

I normally don't post twice in one day and I am actually embarassed to admit why I need this Thank you card. I recently realized that I forgot one of the most important thank you's from Christmas! I am so embarassed and I am sure the recipient will think I have gone crazy! Anyway, I just wouldn't feel right if I didn't get it sent out!
You may be thinking this card looks somewhat familiar. It is one of Jen's SFYTT sketches from two weeks ago. I really loved it and I wanted to create the same feel for this card as I captured with that card, so I decided to run with it. The recipient loves vintage and feminine, so I think it will be appreciated. Another reason why I feel so dumb is that this particular person always comments on how much she likes my cards, etc. If anyone should get a card, it is her!

I started the design using a piece of Regal Rose cardstock and ran it through my cuttlebug using the Textile embossing folder. I distressed the edges using Vintage Photo distress ink and a sponge. Two of the corners were rounded with my small corner rounder that SU! is currently carrying. I swear they get a new one every year. I have quite an assortment of different sizes, which I have kept because they still come in useful from time to time. I rounded two corners on the Vanilla base as well.


I have had bunnies on the brain so I decided to use this wonderful image from the retired SU! set "Tender Toile". I colored it with an assortment of copic and prismacolor markers, ink refills and a blender pen. I cut it out using my nestabilities as well as the scallop mat. I had a scrap of My Mind's Eye paper lying about, so it made it's way onto the card as well. I was so thrilled that this sentiment from "Thank You Kindly" worked so well on this design. That one stamp is why I needed this set. The others have come in handy, but I like this one the best! I added a couple of Martha Stewart pearl stickers, some satin ribbon and a button for the center. It came together so quick and easily because I have, basically, made this card before
I also wanted to share my spring decorating I have been doing. I have a bench in my entry way that I love to change with the seasons. I picked up these darling bunnies from Robert's last year at 90% off. They were sooooo cheap. I picked up quite a few other things, but I will wait to put them up in April. I had a lot of fun putting my new spring bench decor together. Can you see why I have had bunnies on my mind? LOL! My son said that I had overdone it; that the spring banner would have been plenty! LOL! I placed everything on a bed of spanish moss for an earthy feel. Thanks for fluttering by!


Stamps: Tender Toile, Thank You Kindly
Ink: Palette Noir, Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Vintage Photo Distress Ink by Ranger, Copic and Prismacolor Markers
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, My Mind's Eye
Accessories: Martha Stewart Pearl Gem Stickers, liquid glue and Coarse Crystal Glitter, Oval and Scallop Oval Nestabilities, Button from my stash, Ribbon by Offray, Foam Squares, Corner Rounder

19 comments:

Jeannie said...

A beautiful card and I'm sure she'll adore it!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful and I really love your spring decorating! The bunnies are adorable and the banner looks great. Just what I'd like to do in my house! Except for the spanish moss because my stupid cats would eat it, unfortunately. lol

Angela said...

This card is so beautiful, I am sure they will forgive you and enjoy receiving this beautiful card...

~Lori Roop said...

The card is beautiful!!

I also love the Spring decor! The bunnies are adorable!!

Nancy Riley said...

A talented decorator TOO?! You've got CREATIVITY oozing out of you, Kelly! Your Easter decor is gorgeous - just like this card! Beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

You did a beautiful job coloring this image. Thank you for sharing your artistic ability.

Linda Beeson said...

I love your SPRING banner! The colors on your card are great - very nice!

Dawn Easton said...

Another beauty Kelly! Love that sweet image!
Your decorated bench is wonderful and full of inspiration!

Heidi Kilgore said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!! I'm a sucker for the vintage cards you do!
it is so soft and it really evokes a feeling of spring. very nice! I think your spring decorating is just right. I love to change things up at home with the changing seasons it helps get everyone into the spirit of the each upcoming holiday. p.s. my kids all make fun of me too, they think I have WAY to much stuff. especially Christmas and Halloween! LOL!
:}
Heidi

Deborah Saaranen said...

Oh my! This card is amazing! This sketch is perfect, as is all of your special touches!
And your Spring decorating! It looks like a picture from a magazine!!! Absolutely gorgeous!

Lisa Brown said...

Beautiful card and I love your spring decor!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous card and the bench is STUNNING too...I bet your home is GORGEOUS!!

Kay Kalthoff said...

GORGEOUS! All of it! Just looking at your spring display makes me want to shop! You really have talent! I think you could work for Martha Stewart! Heck, you could BE the NEXT Martha!!

Amy Rohl said...

Thud! Gorgeous, girl and I love that sketch as well, but I don't have any nesties or oval punches, so I need to "get me some" of those tools so I can recreate this sketch as well!

Love, love, love your decorating...you are so talented my dear!

Marlou McAlees said...

oh I love both of your cards today, really beautiful, thanks for inspiration :)

Monique said...

What a beautiful card. Love the sketch and what you've done with it.

xx Monique (Netherlands)

Jackie Pedro said...

This is just gorgeous! The colors are fabulous!!

Tanya said...

This is really pretty! I love your decorating too!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Your card is beautiful! I'm sure whenever she receives it she will fall in love with the beauty of it. Nice job!

I love your spring bench decor too. Very pretty!