Monday, March 23, 2009

Bloom where you are planted


I wanted to share one of the projects I made for this month's Verve release. I realized that I haven't shared any of them here. This was one of my favorites of the bunch. I love 3 by 3 cards. They are perfect to send along with a plate of goodies or attach to a gift.



This particular set includes four designs with accompanying envelopes. The small box is the perfect fit. I created a tutorial for this quite a while back, but it is easy and fun! I used the "Floral Symphony" set for the entire project. It is such a fun set to work with and super fun to color! I chose my colors based on this My Mind's Eye paper that I love. I like the thickness of the paper, too. I was able to use it for the base of my box without any concern that it would be too flimsy.



All of the shapes were cut using Oval and Oval Scallop Nestabilities. I had a lot of fun with this project~ Thanks for fluttering by!




Supplies-
Stamps: Floral Symphony by Verve Stamps
Ink: Palette Noir, Copic and Prismacolor markers
Paper: My Mind's Eye, PTI White
Accessories: Buttons from my stash, ribbon by Club Wed, Diamond Stickles, paper piercer and mat pack, foam squares, oval and scallop oval nestabilities, linen tread

13 comments:

Julie Campbell said...

Wow! What a gorgeous set! I LOVE it!!!

Marlou McAlees said...

wow!! these are gorgeous!! love these colours together :)

~Lori Roop said...

Awesome set!! Love the box and the colors you used!! Beautiful!

Lisa Brown said...

What a perfect gift! I love 3 x 3's,too... Beautiful work!

Libby Hickson said...

Love it!

Linda Crowder said...

Had to come by and say hello and that THIS is a wonderful design. I think you inspired me to try to CASE it....well, not exactly. I don't have any Nestabilities and will only make a similar card, but I love the colors and design. Thanks for sharing.

Jennette Warren said...

How darling! TFS!

Norine said...

what a perfect gift set love those colors
Hugs
Norine

Dawn Easton said...

It's gorgeous Kelly!! I started to stamp some of these images yesterday and just sit and colour. Maybe I should turn mine into a set too?! lol...you are so full of inspiration...love it!!

KatieTurtle said...

Love the coloring on the flowers and the paper color combination!

Deborah Saaranen said...

So vibrant and pretty Kelly! Love them all!

Amy Rohl said...

Love the splashes of "cool caribbean" in the ribbon against the yummy red and yellows! What a sweet set Ü

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,

These are just adorable! I love the color combos and the sweet sentiments. They make a great set. they are perfect to give with a gift, or to give AS a gift! ( the set).