Saturday, March 28, 2009

Carte Postal SFYTT

I finally got back into the swing of things and made this on Friday night. I have been putting it off until Saturday morning the last two weeks and that makes me super stressed. I wasn't necessarily in the mood to stamp, mostly because I couldn't decide which images to use. I did finally land on the idea of using some of my fabulous images from TJDesigns . Jen's sketches are always so much fun to do, that I was finally in the mood to create and had a lot of fun putting this together! I decided to mix two of the sets; Journey to France and Vintage Collage. I also decided to use Friday's LSC for my color scheme. The challenge was to use only black and white. I always love a good black and white design and these images were the perfect fit. Everything was sponged with Antique Linen Distress Ink first and then a layer of black. I really like the effect. I trimmed the edges of my focal piece with my tag corner punch.

I was thrilled to be able to use another one of my mom's crocheted flowers. I like how it turned out layered on the printed paper flowers with the clock charm in the center.


You all know how much I love buttons, so I added a row of white buttons to the top. This card turned out exactly how I had envisioned, so I am happy! I really hope you will all take the time to try Jen's sketches for yourself. She now uses Mr. Linky, so it is super easy to link your card to her blog. I always love when I visit your blogs and see your interpretations of her sketch!



You won't want to miss out on the other girls creations.



Jen Del Muro and Jenn

Amy Rohl

Carole Burrage

Susan Liles and Amy Sheffer

I know I say it all the time, but I just want to say "Thank you" to all of my blog readers. I am constantly amazed that you all keep coming back! You are the best and I appreciate all of your sweet comments. You know they make my day!!!! Thanks for fluttering by!


Stamp sets: Vintage Collage and Journey to France by TJ Designs

Ink: Palette Noir, Basic Gray, Antique Linen Distress Ink

Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Pattern Paper by The Paper Studio

Accessories: Ribbon by Creative Impressions, 1/2 inch circle punch, crop-a-dile, sponge, sewing machine and thread, buttons, clock charm, crochet flowers, printed paper flowers by Prima, foam squares, tag corner punch by SU!

35 comments:

~amy~ said...

You're kidding me...I'm the first to comment on this oh-so-gorgeous-beauty???? SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL....this is knock-out-gorgeous...wowza.

Karen G. said...

I LOVE THIS!!! This is probably my favorite that I've seen. This is so my style! Keep up the good work!

lisa808 said...

Elegant card.

Dawn Easton said...

Stunning card Kelly! Love the vintage look and your embellishments and stamps are perfection!

Christina Fischer said...

Oh my goodness, Kelly -- this is absolutely stunning!! I know I've said this before, but I truly could sit and look at your creations all day!

Angela said...

Oh My Goodness! This is FAB! I LOVE IT!

Joey said...

Hi Kelly, oh my gosh this is amazing! a fantastic card I love the elegant feel of it. Joey.x

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

oh my word, kelly! i love it! (and i know what you mean about making your card on saturday morning--we've all been there and yes, it's too stressful!) have a fun day, sistah!!

SueB said...

love the collage-y old-world style of this one and have always love black and white w a splash of one color - yours being the awesome flower! ... so you inherited your artistic flair from your Mom, I see! love it ... Love It ... LOVE IT!

Chris said...

What a perfect combo of things...it's really a beautiful card!

Bonnie said...

HOLY MOLEY! Stunning!

Cindy said...

Another great vintage card! I love the crocheted flower. I found a pattern to make some, too. Now I have to order that Vintage Collage stamp set. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the great work.

Scrap for Joy said...

This card is so my style. I love the black and white/ivory combo. I'm going to have to check out the TJ stamps, love the vintage look. I think this is my favorite card...have I said that 10 times already?

Linda Beeson said...

How ROYAL! She justs fits there perfectly with those amazing colors and accents.

Steph said...

Beautiful card, Kelly!!! I love that crochet flower...i guess you have crafting in your genes!

Heidi Kilgore said...

Love it Kelly! your vintage cards are always my FAVORITES!!! You have such amazing vision. I want to be like you when I grow up! LOL

Hugs,

Heidi

Amy Rohl said...

Hi Kelly,

Tried leaving 3 different messages earlier but my internet was acting up, ugh!

Knockin' my socks off vintage gorgeousness! I love the combo of patterns, that awesome row of buttons and especially the flower bc it's got your mom's love all over it!
The tag was such a great way to use that piece of the sketch, too!

Have a great weekend, you master vintage wonderwoman!

Jessie/knightrone said...

How STUNNING!!

jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com) said...

I so wish that I could pull off this style. You do it with such sweet simplicity and it's absolute PERFECTION!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Truly fabulous, Kelly! A vintage dream come true!

Nancy Riley said...

It's so over-the-top gorgeous that I'm speechless!

Anonymous said...

Well, you are very welcome :) This clock thingy is too good to be true! Works perfectly on your card! You never cease to amaze us! Greetings from cold old Germany - Nina

Amy Sheffer said...

Breathtaking, Kelly! I'm not sure there are any superlatives adequate!! Wonderful job!

ChristineCreations said...

oooo Kelly, this is a beautiful card...you've done that sense of collage style so beautifully...

Lisa Brown said...

Oh so gorgeous! Love it,Kelly!

KatieTurtle said...

I love it! And you have fabulous cards, so that makes it easy for us to leave sweet comments. I am so happy you love buttons, I just scored a giant stash of vintage ones at a garage sale, and vintage is not my forte, so I will be looking to you for inspiration!

Honey Bend Vintage said...

Oh that is so cute~ Enjoyed your blog
Bristol

Cindy Lawrence said...

Just GORGEOUS, Kelly!!!! Love the vintage look, and of course, your fabulous buttons and embellishments! :)

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE this card! TFS:)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Totally gorgeous, I just LOVE it!!! The sketch looks great, too -- I'll have to check it out!!! TFS your beautiful work!!!

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is stunning!!

Cassie said...

this is wonderful! and so elegant!! and shabby chic!!!

~Lori Roop said...

Kelly, supah fantabulous work here GF! I'm so lovin' the clock face embellie! Wonderful! ~Lori R

Jessica said...

I love this elegant, oh-so-French card!

Cynthia said...

Sweet Mother of Pearl is right! Love, love, love your vintage look. The way you pull it all together boggles my mind but delights my eyes!!! Keep em coming!!!