Sunday, October 11, 2026

Project Inspiration {Welcome to the World}

 

Hello friends! I'm happy to be here today with this weekend's Project Inspiration feature for Papertrey Ink! A sweet little bundle of joy was born this past week and I decided to combine my need for a baby boy card and this week's project! I had so much fun creating it and I will be taking you step-by-step through the process!
The gift I bought has a lot of blue tones, plaid, and stripes, so that was the starting point for my card. You all know how much I love a coordinating card with the gift! 
This card comes together is seven steps, including the inside! 
Step 1: prepare a 5 by 7 white card base. Attach the frame using foam squares. The frame was cut once from white and then again from Spring Rain cardstock using the In Frames: Big and Tall Rectangles Die. I glued the two frames together for a sturdy piece.

Step 2: Adhere the center portion, which is cut from gingham pattern paper, using liquid glue. The paper I used is quite thin, so I glued it to a piece of white cardstock for stability. This is why I had an extra white frame for the first step! ha ha! This is all cut using the same die as in step 1.

Step 3: Cut the mat from white cardstock using the Love to Layer: Sweet Scallops Die and adhere it to the gingham panel using foam squares.

Step 4: cut and assemble the baby shoes using the Baby Steps Die.  “Hang” them near the top of the center mat using foam squares, with a die cut button, which is included in the Into the Blooms: Cute as a Button Die, as an anchor for the string. I die cut all three sizes of buttons included in the set and you will see how I used the others further down.

Step 5: cut the sentiment three times using the Line it Up: Baby Die from Blueberry Sky cardstock and glue them together. Adhere it underneath the baby shoes using liquid glue.

Step 6: cut and color foliage and flowers using the Into the Blooms: Wild Wood Die and tuck them here and there until you’re satisfied with the arrangement. Cut the buttons three times for each size and glue them together. Arrange them to accent the foliage. Add the pacifier to the bottom with foam squares.

Step 7: decorate the inside with a stamped sentiment and pacifier. I used the Just Tags Die and then used Blueberry Sky ink for the sentiment included in the Just Sentiments: Welcome Mini Stamp Set. I added the pacifier with foam squares.

This would be such a fun design for a baby girl card, as well! I'm thinking lots of flowers and fun colors!

I love stacking the buttons like this because they give the illusion of real buttons! I also love stacking the sentiment as well!

Thanks for fluttering by!



































No comments: