Monday, June 17, 2024

Project Inspiration (Happiest Birthday Wishes}

It's my turn for this week's  Project Inspiration from Papertrey Ink! It was shared in the newsletter, but I also like to post it here so I can give a more detailed description of how I made it! My birthday card stash has been suffering, so I have placed a higher emphasis on using birthday sentiments when I made certain cards and I took this opportunity to add to the stash! That being said, I went to a bridal shower today and I'm down to my last few cards! Looks like I know what I need to work on next!

I had fun pairing the awning from the new Frozen Delights die collection with the beautiful blooms from the Always in Bloom stamp set!

To begin, I die cut all of the pieces twice, but didn't end up by using that many....I did make a second card, though!


I stamped all of the images is fun, summery colors!

I used the Cascading Dots Hot Foil Plate and then die cut the awning from the Frozen Delights Die using Bitty Big: Aqua Mist paper.

The sentiments are from the Birthday Your Way II. I wanted to keep it seamless so I stamped the large sentiment on the same pink as the background. The accent sentiment is heat embossed in gold to tie in the foiled background.

I adhered the flowers to the top using foam  squares and then added glitter to the blooms.

I was going for a flower shop vibe!

I tucked a few leaves around the sentiment. This will be a fun summer birthday card! Thanks for fluttering by!




 

2 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Kelly, this is so, so beautiful! Gorgeous combination of colors for these pretty flowers and a lovely background to show them off. Thanks for all the details, it's so appreciated!

Becky Green said...

I AGREE with Cindy H.! This is SO BEAUTIFUL! You DID accomplish the Flower Shop Vibe!!! JUST LOVELY!!! ;) AND YES, ALL of your creative sharing is SO APPRECIATED! ;) HUGS!!!