Friday, October 7, 2022

The Greetery {A Song of Christmas Collection} Release Day

I'm back again with a little something extra on release day for the A Song of Christmas release from The Greetery! My mind is still reeling with ideas; one idea that I've been wanting to try is to have the doves "pulling" the ribbon sentiment! It seems like every vintage Disney movie has birds pulling ribbons or tying bows, and this is my nod to that! ha ha! 




I think I mentioned the other day that I had one Jumbo Curiosity Ornaments leftover; it was just sitting there begging to be used! To begin, I die cut the "Peace" word using the Written in Ribbons Holiday Die and then stamped it using the Written in Ribbons Holiday Stamp set and Aqua Mist ink. I have the original Aqua Mist ink as well as the newer formula, so they work perfectly together for the light and dark look of the ribbons.

I die cut the Mistletoe Arches and then used the coordinating stencils to add the color. I also inked up the little leaf bits so that I could add them here and there around the frame to give it some added detail and dimension. I layered the arch over an A2 panel of Pure Poppy cardstock using double-thick foam tape and then splattered some white acrylic paint to give it a snowy look. Once that was done, I arranged the "Let There Be" portion of the sentiment, which is heat embossed in white onto a strip of red cardstock and then layered the Peace word at an angle below.

I die cut the smallest doves and added their detail images using Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink. I added them to the beginning and end of the Peace word using mini foam squares. The ornament is added using additional foam squares. 

I added tiny dots to the centers of the berries on the arch (I noticed Betsy did this on her cards and it just really gives the arch that "finished" look) I think I'm going to go back and add dots to ALL of my cards using the arch! ha ha! I finished it off with some glitter and attached it to a top folding card base! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

6 comments:

Vickie R. said...

So pretty! Thanks for giving us one more card! :)

Kristina said...

Oh my goodness! I love it! I also love when you share another card on release day. 💕😁

Becky Green said...

BEAUTIFUL! ;) AND a perfect thing to add the doves to the Ribbon Peace, just because it's PRETTY! I LOVE those little doves! A SUPER JOB!!!! ;)<3

netteeee said...

Beautiful cards as always. So much detail

Debbie said...

Oh goodness I almost forgot your release day extra post. So glad I remembered because your card is a beauty!! Have a wonderful weekend. Betsy has those "elves" working as I already received my shipping e-mail. She is amazing!

Cindy H. said...

Wow, Kelly, this is just so gorgeous! tfs