Sunday, October 16, 2022

Papertrey Ink October Release Countdown Day 1

Thanks for joining me today for day 1 of the Papertrey Ink October release countdown! I think you're really going to love this release! I've been having a lot of fun working on all kinds of Christmas cards and projects! My first card for today uses the fabulous new Rustic Wood Star die collection! I'm absolutely in love with this new die set because it's easy to use but yields amazing results; my kind of set! You'll be able to whip up Christmas cards in a jiff and be happy with the results!

To begin, I die cut all of the Rustic Wood Star pieces from white cardstock and then colored them with Distress Oxide inks. The only exception to this is the top pieces of the bow, which I die cut from pattern paper. the bottom portion IS die cut from white with ink around the edges.

Once I had the star components all ready to go, I got to work on the background! I die cut an oval of white cardstock using the largest in the Love to Layer: Ovals die collection. I stamped it using the Weathered Wood Background stamp using Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink. I also added some ink around the edges of the oval.

I stamped the sentiment, which is from the new Just Sentiments: Believe stamp set, in black on the bottom of the oval. Once that was done, I was able to add the Rustic Wood Star pieces. 
I used the new Holiday Berries stencil set for the largest background; stenciling it in Scarlet Jewel ink onto Pure Poppy cardstock. I also stamped a panel using the Nifty Plaid Background stamp using Scarlet Jewel ink on Pure Poppy carstock.

I layered them all up on a top folding A2 white card base with additional Antique Linen ink around the corners of the base.

I added some white acrylic paint splatter over the top and some glitter to the wreath and greenery! To be honest, I just wanted to keep playing with these dies to create even more possibilities, but needed to move on! ha ha!

Once I finally did move on, I was equally smitten with the new Sweet Stockings stamp/die set; it has just the style that I absolutely adore! To begin, I stamped A BUNCH of stockings, and the rest of the cute things to tuck inside the stockings! My first card idea did NOT work out, and it required a lot of stockings, but I'm thrilled with this sweet trio that made it onto this card!

Isn't that gingerbread boy just the cutest? I'm in love! The stockings come with quite a few different design options so you can mix and match them as you'd like!

I used the Holiday Berries Stencil for this card as well; please note that I used the border stencil for the first card and this card uses the all-over pattern, but I believe they will be sold as a set you'll get both with your purchase.

As I was playing around with different design options for my first card, I ended up stamping this black and white plaid panel, which ended up looking perfect behind these cute stockings to make them pop.

This particular sentiment is also from the new Just Sentiments: Believe stamp set; I just love it!

The finishing touch is the big bow from the new Rustic Wood Star die set and some glitter (of course)! I hope you've enjoyed day 1 and don't forget to join me tomorrow for day 2 of the countdown! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

8 comments:

Julie Bitner said...

I love that farmhouse bow on your first card and the pastel stockings are adorable!

Conniecrafter said...


beautiful, love the star, wreath and bow together!

Carmela said...

Super gorgeous cards! Love that large rustic star!!

Anonymous said...

As always, your card projects are beautiful and so inspiring!

Kris said...

Your cards are always…well…so magical. And that pink!…you just might convert me to a pink lady!

Linda C said...

Your projects are always so amazing! The buffalo check bow!!! Love it.

Connie J Wine said...

These are sooooo wonderful. So completely different but each so good.

ESUE said...

love the rustic wood star with the bow. Can't wait for this release.