Monday, July 4, 2022

God Bless America {Sweet Land of Liberty}

Happy Monday, happy July, and happy Independence Day to my friends in the U.S.! I picked some fun patriotic products for this week's Papertrey Ink Flash Sale in honor of the holiday!  You'll want to head to the shop (linked above) and click on the "Flash Sale" tab to see what all is included in the sale! Normally the sale doesn't start until the afternoon, so give it a bit if it's not up on the page!

I was inspired by a cute patriotic porch scape that incorporated flags and a cute weathered tin of flowers! To begin, I used the Love to Layer: American Flag Die to create the flag; I used Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening, and white cardstock. I added some Kraft ink around the edgtes of the white stripes to give it a worn look and some Scarlet Jewel ink around the edges of the red portion to give it some additional depth. I used liquid glue to adhere it all together! 

I used the To Die For Sentiments: God Bless America Die to die cut the words twice and then stacked them together secured with liquid glue. I added that over the top of the left hand side of the flag using additional glue.

I die cut the tin container using the Vase Collection 6 Die and then stamped it in Soft Stone and Weathervane ink using the Vase Collection 6 Mini Stamp Set. I added the RED white & BLUE sentiment, which is from the Celebrate Freedom stamp set, to the front of the tin pail for an added patriotic touch. I decided to heat emboss another sentiment from the set to add to the bottom of the flag.

I love the flowers from the Wreath Favor Box Sentiments stamp set and they fit the scale of the container perfectly! I stamped them in red, white, and blue. To achieve the look of a white flower, I simply stamped of the first solid image once, which was stamped using Soft Stone ink and then added a full-strength detail layer. I really like how the white flowers turned out!
I layered everything onto a frame that was die cut first with the Border Basics: Rectangle Die and then dropped in the Border Bling: Twinkle Die to cut the stars! I layered it all onto a white card base using liquid glue. Have a fun and safe holiday! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: