Friday, April 3, 2020

The Greetery T.G.I.F. {Sending Sunshine}

Hello friends! It's my turn for this week's TGIF {The Greetery Inspiration Friday} feature for The Greetery! I'm sharing these designs on The Greetery Blog, but wanted to share them here as well!  If you saw my projects from the latest release, then you will know that I've really been enjoying adding some "postal" details to many of my designs! I just can't seem to stop, so you will see that continue with today's cards! I used the Pretty Postmarks  stamps and dies

I think many of us wish we were headed away somewhere fun and exciting, or maybe some of you have had some cancelled plans. I decided to bring a little joy and sunshine into my cards today with sunny yellows, cheery sentiments, and tropical flowers!


Just because you may not be going anywhere tropical doesn't mean that you can't send some warming cheer to a friend or loved one! That is what I was imagining as I created my first design using the  BotaniCuts Lily. These flowers are so much fun to create; each one its own little masterpiece.  When I first used these BotaniCuts, I had Easter in mind, but couldn't wait to expand their usefulness by adding them to cards like I'm sharing today! I like to die cut each piece out of white cardstock (I kept my dies connected so I can easily send them through my machine in one pass). Once that was done, I used ink and blender brushes to add the different colors. I also added the black splatter by using a Color Spritzing tool and a black marker. I also spritzed each bloom with some Shimmer Spray.  I used some of the different splatter pattern as a guide for placement of the Crystal Glaze. It helped me achieve a more organic feel to the droplets. 


The background was created by stamping the  beautiful new Fresh Floral Background Stamp in a cheery yellow which is the perfect backdrop to add the flowers, leaves, and foliage.  I stamped the sentiment, which is from the Fresh Air Stamp Set, in black at the bottom.  I gave the BotaniCuts Palm die cuts the same treatment as the lilies, but omitting the splatter.
I really love arranging the flowers and leaves on my floral designs, tucking things here and there until I get the arrangement that I like. I used a mixture of foam squares and liquid glue to achieve the dimension I was seeking. A few postal images stamped here and there finish off this tropical design.


My second card is a little more simple in design, but I love the sweet details that Betsy's stamps allow me to add. I am BEYOND smitten with the Print Shop: Fresh Floral Stamp & Stencil. Once you have created one of these beautiful backgrounds, you will want to make a million more, and not to mention sit and stare at your background once you're done! LOL! It's embarrassing, but SO true! This darling kit makes the most beautiful backgrounds; the color combinations are limitless! I used the Crimped Frame Die to cut the background so that I could give it the little border of yellow around the edges. 


I chose to use a color combination that would accent the first card I made so I chose yellows, corals, and pinks to bring the background to life. I chose the smallest crimped frame to add some extra details so as to not cover up too much of the background.
I used the "hello" and the "just a note to say" sentiments from the Written In Ribbons stamp set set as well as a few postal touches (surprise, surprise) to finish off this cheery design. These two designs will be popped in the mail ASAP so they can bring someone a little cheer! Thanks for joining me today and I hope you get a chance to create some cards to send out to those who could use some joy and happiness! Thanks for fluttering by!



18 comments:

Donna said...

Lovely, happy cards Kelly! They make me smile!

TLady said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, Kelly!!!! LOOOVE your Lilies & the organic feel you gave them with the splatters! AND your second card is GORGEOUS ALSO! LOVE that background! Haven't had the time to play with mine yet. GORGEOUS WORK & THANK YOU for the INSPIRATION!!!!!!!!!!! ;)<3

buzzn2scrap said...

Just Gorgeous ! Love all the bright colors !

Marcia Hill said...

Both cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Kelly! I'm so loving all that intense yellow color on both cards...totally pops right out at you and definitely makes me think Spring after a long Winter! Thanks for starting my day out with such a big smile...lovely, lovely cards!! :0)

Debbie Br said...

Both beautiful cards, the bright yellow is a real pick me up! Gotta get that background stamp!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Being a Floridian, my home is decorated with a tropical feel. I love bringing the outdoors, inside. So when I saw your first card, it was love at first glance & immediately inspired me! I love, love your gorgeous design and it most definitely is a gift of Sunshine! Thx for the awesome TGIF!! 😊❤️πŸ’Œ

Connie said...

Thanks Kelly for your inspiration! I just received my lily die and am anxious to try it out. I am loving that yellow sunshine.

Charlene said...

Gorgeous!!

C said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!

Debbie said...

Just beautiful, Kelly. You have brought sunshine that we all need right now. I too have been staring at the gorgeous backgrounds I have been able to create thanks to Betsy's amazing products and lovely inspiration from the team. I pray that you and your family are safe and healthy.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Donna!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thank you so much! You're so sweet!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much Marcia!!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much and yes, you do!πŸ˜‚❤πŸ˜‚❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

You're welcome, and THANK you! I hope you have fun with your new dies!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!❤❤❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Debbie! I'm glad I'm not alone!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚