Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Spellbinders April Stamp of the Month {Beautiful}

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend! We did despite not being able to be with extended family! We made the most of it and tried to make it as special for the kids as possible! Today I'm sharing 3 cards using this month's Spellbinders Stamp of the Month! I had so much fun playing around with the different floral and leafy images that are included in the set, as well as the "Beautiful" sentiment!

This particular set comes with the rectangle outline that you can see on the card on the right. The "Beautiful" sentiment is separate so you can use it with the rectangle or separately like I did on the card on the left.

The sentiments are all embossed in gold and then I added some Crystal Glaze over the top of each letter to give it some added detail and shine.

To begin each card, I stamped the different floral and leaf images using my mini MISTI except with the card with the circle. I just did some free hand stamping to get the wreath look exactly how I wanted it!

I colored the images using an assortment of alcohol markers. This particular panel is trimmed down and then added on a top folding a2 card base with a strip of black and white striped paper adhered at the bottom. I used foam squares on the floral panel to give it extra dimension.

On this card, I added some black paint splatter to the floral panel and then adhered the striped paper in the center!

Each card also has a trio of sparkling clear sequins for some added shine and dimension!

I used the Nestabilities Standard Circles die collection for this card. I heat embossed the sentiment first and then die cut it to get it centered just right! These are my go-to circle dies and have been for years! As I mentioned earlier, I stamped the different images to create a wreath and then colored the images with alcohol markers! This card also has some paint splatter and a tiny strip of pattern paper at the bottom! These cards were so much fun to make and will get popped in the mail ASAP! Thanks for fluttering by!

7 comments:

Carol said...

OH, so, SO gorgeous! I always love black and white stripes when I see them on cards, and you did it just right! This is such a sweet stamp set.

Connie said...

Love your contrast idea using the black and gold against those sweet delicate flowers! Great ideas, Kelly!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Bold yet delicate at the same time, makes a powerful statement. I just love your designs so much! They’re BEAUTIFUL! 😊

Jody V said...

Beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Jody! Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Stephanie! They were so fun to make! I always appreciate your sweet comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks, Connie! I had fun working on these! Thanks for your sweet comment and for stopping by!