Thursday, January 24, 2019

Sending (Lots of Love)


Welcome friends! I'm over on the SugarPea Designs blog today sharing a few Valentine's Day inspired projects! Every year for Valentine's Day I make a batch or two of chocolate covered strawberries! They are so easy and everybody seems to really enjoy them! I package them up on silver trays from the dollar store wrapped with cellophane, ribbon, and a handstamped tag, of course!
I ended by making 6 of the same tag using the Snowflake Tag Sugar Cut for the base. Once they were all cut, I stamped the top of the tag with the stripes from the Christmas Tag Greetings stamp set. Once that was done, I stamped the bottom with the medium bloom from the Pretty Peonies stamp set in black ink. 

The hearts are die cut using the heart die that is included in the Postage Stamp Sugar Cuts . I stamped the flower using white ink and then stamped the Sending sentiment in black over the top. 

I stamped the "lots of love" portion onto white strips and added them to the card using foam squares. A few sparkling rhinestones finish of this set of tags. After I finished, I thought the tag design would look great on a card!

I quickly made one more tag and got to work creating the rest of the elements to add to the card. I always love a card with a tag as the focal point.


The card base is Kraft and I added an additional panel that has been die cut using the Card Front Element Builder . I love the additional bit of stitching detail that it adds to the design.
I used the postage stamp sugar cut to adhere the tag to. I linked it above when I talked about the heart.


I opted not to tie a ribbon or twine through the hole on the tag, but you could definitely add one if you like! Of course the tags for the strawberries will have some pretty ribbon, which I love! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful card and tags! Chocolate covered strawberries - yummmm!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!