Thursday, January 24, 2019

Inspired By #56 {You are Awesome}

Welcome to this week's Inspired By Challenge! This week is all about a Football Party, but I decided to take inspiration from some of the other elements included in the photo! Before I dive into the details of my design, you'll want to head over to the Inspired By Blog to see what the rest of the designers have come up with and how the photo inspired them!

As I mentioned earlier, I decided to go a different direction than the "Football party" merely because I have made quite the collection of football cards in my time and I really liked some of the other elements in the photo; the distressed peeling paint in the background, the shiny silver bucket, the stitching on the football and the pennants!

I rummaged around in my ancient stash of SU! paper to find this blue paper I used in the background. I used to have a paper that looked EXACTLY like the peeled paint in the photo, but I guess I used it all up. I really like this distressed blue, so I guess it all worked out!

I hadn't inked up the Banners and Pennants stamp set yet and it worked so perfectly with the look I was trying to achieve! I also used an older set for the actual pennant image. I stamped everything in black except for the embossed images. I wanted to bring in that shine from the metal bucket/cup in the photo.

The Banner Die is die cut using Weathervane cardstock and stamped with the compass image as well as the arrow. I layered it all up onto a Kraft card base to mimic the look of the wooden frames used for the "football plays". Once that was done, I added some zig zag stitching along the lower left edge and the top right edge. I like that little touch to bring in the detail from the football. I scattered some sequins across the front as well as some stamped stars for added interest. I think this design would work nicely for a teen who needs some encouragement! I hope you'll join us this week! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: