Thursday, December 13, 2018

Papertrey Ink December Countdown Day 4


Welcome to Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink December countdown! Today I have 3 projects to share with you using the new Glorious Globes: December and the Bold Borders: Hearts! My first project uses the new Glorious Globes: December! What I have created here are little treat box/pouches for Valentine's Day! I used the newly released Mix Ups Pocket Tags in a creative way to make these little treats!
To begin, I cut 2 1/2 inch strips of 11 inch cardstock and then die cut just the top portion of each of the tags on either end of the cardstock. I only used two of the styles of tags because one of the shapes extended wider than the 2 1/2 inch width of the cardstock.   Once the two ends were die cut, I slid it into my paper trimmer that has a scoring blade and scored it in two places to create the base. I didn't measure this part, I just slid it in until it hit the black portion on my trimmer! Real scientific, huh? LOL! Anyway, what these score lines produced, is the width of the base, so you could decide how wide you want your base and score depending on your needs. Mine are quite thin, so if you want to put something more bulk inside, then make the base wider. I hope this makes sense.


I also made more felt bows like the one I showed on my card yesterday. I used the new Nesting Circles that will be released on the 15th to make the bows. I'm kind of addicted! LOL! My daughter said they remind her of noodles; once she said that all I can think of are Farfalle noodles! 

You can see the width of the boxes in this photo a little bit better. The globes were die cut and embossed using Rose Gold powder.  I used the Pierced Feature Frames: Rectangles as the backdrop for the globes. I used the inside as well as the outside in alternating colors. 


I love all of the globe inspired sentiments that Lizzie included in this month's set! These will definitely be getting a lot of mileage this Valentines season!
 My second project uses both the Glorious Globes: December and the new Bold Borders: Hearts. I wanted a vintage vibe because there is nothing sweeter than a vintage valentine! To begin, I created my accordion medallion using the Pale Peony Bitty Big pattern paper. I added some vintage glass glitter around the edge for some added shine and vintage detailing.

 I adhered the medallion onto a card base that is framed using the Bold Borders: Heart frame. I used the suitcase image from the Glorious Globes: June stamp set as a place to put the trio of globes. I used all of the images on this one card to really showcase the possibilities. 

 I added some chunky glitter to the big heart in the center of the white globe. I also added some to a few of the purple hearts in the middle. 
My final card also has a vintage flair, but more from the 30/40s era. I did some ink blending on a panel of Bristol paper and then added some ink splatters over the top. The heart frame is die cut out of Hawaiian Shores cardstock and glued over the top of the blended panel. 

I couldn't resist using another heart from the Love in Bloom set that was showcased on Tuesday. I also added another felt bow because I told you I was addicted! LOL! 

The "Love" die cut is the word die that is included in the Bold Borders: Heart collection. I die cut it 4 times and then stacked them up using liquid glue. I added some Wink of Stella for shine and then a layer of crystal glaze for a professional finish.

The final detail is the addition of some rhinestone gems to the outer edge of the frame. It gives it that fun sparkle that I love to give my cards! Well, this finishes off today's projects! As always, if you have ANY questions, please feel free to leave a comment or send me an email and I will answer your questions promptly! Thanks for fluttering by!


5 comments:

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

I LOVE your colors and your designs!

Karen said...

Love these cards! I'm another fan of your felt bows. Can you share where you found the silver cord? I can't find any locally!

peggy said...

All your cards today are super, super! What a fun bow!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you! It's silver cord that I bought from Stampin' Up! years ago. They may still carry it since it was always so popular.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! Oh my goodness, goodness! I can't get enough of your beautiful designs! I have something to share with you. I've purchased rose embossing powder and some vintage glitter, because of the projects you've made in the past. I've had them for a short while and used some of my "bling" on my Christmas cards. Anyhow, You have inspired me, beyond words, with your AWESOME projects!!!!!