Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Papertrey Ink December Countdown Day 2


Hello and welcome to Day 2 of the Papertrey Ink December release countdown! There are some super fun stamp sets and dies being released, so let's get started! The details  of each of the stamp sets will help you get a feel for everything that is being showcased today! The first set that I am showing projects for today is called Love in Bloom! It is such a fun and whimsical set that you are sure to fall in love with! I love the multiple step stamping that allows you to create many different looks depending on your color combinations. I chose something very similar to my Traveler's Journal December project because I'm still in holiday mode! LOL! I switched out the Vintage Jadeite for Mint Julep and added in the Berry Sorbet for a soft, unconventional, yet Valentine-y palette! What do you think?

Valentine's Day is THE day for sweet little packages filled with sweet things to eat as well as all kinds of cards, so I decided to create an ensemble worthy of the day! I used many of my favorite things to create this set! The Essential Pillow Box die is the perfect size to tuck candies and gift cards inside to give to all of your Valentines! I die cut it out of Mint Julep cardstock and then stamped the "Be Mine, Valentine" sentiment, which is included in the set, repeatedly using the coordinating Mint Julep ink, repeatedly across the die. I am in LOVE with the font that Lizzie used for all of the included sentiments.

I did the same pattern stamping for the card across a piece of Mint Julep cardstock that had been die cut using two of the newly released Pierced Rectangle Dies. I just love the quick and easy detail it adds to my projects! I was able to lay this entire panel over the top of a piece of Mint Julep cardstock that has been die cut using the Scallop Stackers: Large die, which is back in stock! yay! I used a lot of foam squares on this design. Each layer is stacked on top of each other using foam squares for optimal dimension! I used the outer edge of the Scallop Stackers using Sweet Blush cardstock so that it would peek through the loops of the scallops. 

I used my MISTI to do all of the stamping of the floral hearts. I die cut them out of white cardstock and then got to work stamping. It was easy to stamp a bunch of these using the MISTI. I have additional hearts for me to create additional boxes. I plan on using each of the sentiments included in the set! 

The sentiments are heat embossed using Rose Gold embossing powder which is the perfect choice with all of the beautiful shades of pink and coral! I added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the centers of some of the flowers on the card. For the pillow box, I created little felt flower clusters using Sweet Blush Felt that I glued in three places on the heart image. I can't find the dies that I used in the shop, but there are lots of similar options HERE. I simply folded them in half and secured them with hot glue, and then folded them in half again and added more glue. Once that was dry, I added them to the three flowers on the heart using more hot glue. I tied it up using some red baker's twine for a pop of color!

The next set that the team is showcasing today is called "Perfect Match"! It is such a fun set that will work so well to create all of those "punny" gifts that are so popular for Valentine's Day, but with a "hot" theme! As I read each of the included sentiments, I knew that the "there's a spark between us" sentiment would be perfect to package up some sparklers! {I would not hand these out to unsupervised children or to a classroom} 

I used the Limitless Layers: 2 1/4 inch heart dies to stamp and emboss the sentiments. This gave me an easy way to hide the tape that I used to secure the sparklers. I simply added the hearts using a double thickness of foam squares.
I love all of the matches, sentiments, and accessory images that are included in this set! I can tell I will reach for this one again and again during the season of love! Thanks for fluttering by! 
P.S. remember that all new products will go on sale on Dec. 15th at 10 pm EST!


10 comments:

Betty Sue said...

Love your projects and the colors are beautiful!

jan metcalf said...

I am so happy YOU are on the PTI team Kelly! Adore your Love in Bloom hearts, what a great color combination! And the little additions like felt flowers, the layers, embossing......

Tammie Koehnen said...

Oh Kelly I LOVE every little thing you make! You are so talented and I’m so glad you joined the PTI team.
I adore the valentine’s day card and the matching pillow box! The colors are gorgeous. And the new matchstick stamps and dies are so cute, I just love the incense stick gift package you made. So unique!

Diana K said...

You are killing this Papertrey release! All the heart eyes.

Peggy said...

Your color combinations are beautiful. Just making granddaughters's classroom goodies for Christmas but can't wait to
get started on Valentine's! Love your gift ideas (fabric) also!

merryf said...

Oh my gosh what a gorgeous swoonworthy color combination! Boy that Mint Julep with Berry Sorbet is outrageous for valentines! Your project is outstanding!

Vikki H said...

Be still my heart...love the mint julep and pink together!!

BarbaraMae said...

Gorgeous color combos! Love the sparkler Valentine card!

Vicki Finger said...

I love that you've added sparklers to your projects! And I also love how you used beautiful color combinations - one I have never thought of! Gorgeous projects as always.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! Which do I love more? Your pretty palettes, pretty hearts, your felt or your amazing sparklers? I LOVE them all and I am thrilled with your beautiful work!! Thank you Kelly, for sharing your process too!