Wednesday, June 10, 2015

{Sweet}Birthday Hugs and Wishes!

 I had a lot of fun making this sweet shoppe scene for a friend's birthday card.  I was giving her a gift card to the movies in a big popcorn tub with candy. The popcorn tub with its big, bold red stripes was the starting point for this card. I knew I would be using yellow and red, but didn't want it to have a "McDonald's" feel.  I decided to pull in a little turquoise and green to make it bright and fun, but also coordinate with the gift.
 I die cut all of the pieces using the "Sweet Shoppe" die cuts and then got to work stamping everything. The actual Sweet Shoppe was popped up while the other two buildings are just the side panel images from the stamp set and are stamped directly onto the circle. Aren't the red awnings so fun? I also added in a truck from the new "City Station" set as well that I recently got. 
 The sketch is kindof from a Mojo Monday sketch a few weeks back. When I originally looked at it, I knew it work well for one of these scenes, but when it was time to make the card, I was too lazy to look it up! LOL! Julee always does such a good job, though!  The sentiment is from PTI's "Stylish Sentiments: Birthday" and is one of my main go-to birthday stamp sets. I stamped it onto a piece of acetate using Black StazOn ink. It was then wrapped around the card and secured with glue dots.
The patterned papers that I used are super old from SU!  but they had all of the colors I was looking to use. I only have scraps left, so I can't remember or check what it is called. I had a lot of fun with this card. Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

This is adorable! Love the Petite Places series!