Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Hello, Friend!

My creative space has been beckoning for me to come and play. I heeded the call and got to work on a little "hello" for someone who I think really needs it. The other night I couldn't get to sleep because I kept thinking of gold embossed leaves...I know, crazy! Sometimes a creative mind really gets in the way of a good nights sleep, at least that is true for me! Does anyone else have that happen? Anyway, I sat down and just decided to play around with gold embossed leaves. My first attempt ended up in the circular file and this one almost did as well. I am glad I was able to salvage it and in the end I am quite pleased with the result.
 Once the embossing was done, I just played around with different flowers and blooms, here and there. I added in a little bit of water coloring around the flowers and embossed leaves for some added depth and movement.  The "hello" sentiment was diecut out of foil cardstock. The last time I photographed this particular sentiment in gold on a card, it had a blueish tint to it, probably a shadow from my shirt, but I ended up really liking the look. I decided to add a little acrylic paint over the top with a dry brush just around the edges. I even tried to keep the brush strokes in it for some added detail and whimsy. I really, REALLY like how it turned out and will probably keep applying to different pieces.
I am still loving these curved sentiments as you have probably seen me do in the past. I thought it worked well with today's design.  The last bit of frill was to add a few gold sequins here and there to tie in the rest of the gold. I added a bit of washi tape and some machine stitching to the bottom as well. Thanks for fluttering by!

SUPPLIES:
Brushed Blooms stamp set-PTI
Hello diecut-Little Yellow Bicycle
Versamark Ink
Gold Glory embossing powder-SU!
Blue Acryic craft paint
Stamper's Select cardstock-PTI
Blush Blossom cardstock-SU!
Regal Rose cardstock-SU!
Ink: Rose Red, Taken with Teal, Blush Blossom, Regal Rose, Pink Passion (all SU!)
You've Been Framed-Oval Die-PTI
Watercolor brush and water
gold sequins
embossing gun
washi tape-blue is Scotch Brand, Numbers are from the Creative Co OP
sewing machine and tan thread
foam tape
black marker for the flower centers

No comments: