Friday, May 16, 2014

You are *Amazing*!!!

It's mid-May and around here that means it is dance recital time! I always like to make a card to give to my daughter and write a note of encouragement and congratulations! She will be earning her 5 year certificate on Saturday as well. I am so pleased with her and she is becoming an amazing dancer! She will have 5 numbers; tap, ballet, jazz, soft shoe Irish and hard shoe Irish and then throw in the finale and she will have danced her heart out! I can't wait!



For the card, I actually had to go raid her "Sassy stamps" from her room to find one with a dance image. I know, I know...how could I not have a dance stamp set!?!! I really have never fallen in love with any that I have seen. I actually really like this little stamp and used it last year as well. I never posted the card, but she keeps it in her room on display. Maybe I should go snap a picture.  I also used the Boutique Border: Love set for the piece it is adhered to. The jumbo ticket is from PTI as well. I haven't even used those very much, but I love them.  I didn't mark the "my favorite" column because I knew it would spark some ill feelings with the rest of my kids. She is definitely my favorite girl, though! LOL! She is also my favorite dancer!


I knew for sure that I wanted to make an accordion medallion with a layer of tulle on top. I thought it would mimic the look of a tu-tu. I also added a little bit of Star Dust stickles to the edges as well as the tu-tu on the focal image.  I added a few sequins and pearls to give some detail and shine and heaven knows how many sequins she will be wearing! LOL!



I was also excited to add one of the new button stacks to the card. I was over the moon when I saw that PTI had come out with these die cuts. They will be getting used quite a bit, I can already tell! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

KimCreate said...

Just fabulous, love the layered medallion and the colors of the card great polka ribbon too
Please consider taking off the verification part of the commenting so i can comment on your great cards even more!:-)