Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A is for Apple!

 Before I get started with today's project I will answer a few questions that have been asked. The stamp set that I used on the tag for this project is called Teach and Inspire from PTI. The bike set  is called Pedal Pusher and has coordinating dies. Also, I am glad you liked my poem. It really wasn't an assignment that I took away from my daughter. I hope you know that I would NEVER do my daughter's homework for her. She happened to be at dance and gave her approval for me to put it together. It really was something suggested by the PTA that we could do as a family for the teacher's during Teacher Appreciation Week.  Okay... so on to today's project. Tomorrow's theme is to be like the Pilgrims and bring a bountiful harvest of fruit. So....as much as I wanted to make chocolate dipped strawberries, I thought I had given her enough sweets. I decided to do as instructed and give her yummy fruit!




 Of course that meant that I could make a fun apple card. Yes...I realize that I have already given her a card, but I didn't get to write as much as I wanted to say to her. She really is a fabulous teacher and has done so much for my daughter. This particular set is called "Back to School" from PTI and has some super fun images. It is perfect for making cards, but also memory books and scrapbook pages.



 I stayed with the bright, fun colors that seemed perfect to accent a fruit basket.  The apples and books were diecut with the coordinating dies.  I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I was really pressed for time and it was perfect for what I needed to accomplish. As much as I wanted to add some sequins, I steered away and added some buttons instead.
Here you can see the card with the fruit. It is washed out from being overcast and overhead lights being on.  I wrapped the basket in cellophane and a big bow after I photographed it, but I am sure you can imagine it.  I am really excited for the next project which will have a few more elements to it. I hope I have time to put it all together.  Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. I would never have thought a black bow like that but it is perfect!

customized gifts for him said...

It's so beautiful, I really like your good idea, thank you for sharing.
linen cushion chair cover
pillow geometric black and white
pillow covers solid colors 100% cotton canvas