Friday, February 21, 2014

A very vintage birthday!

 Hello! I hope you all enjoyed your holiday week. I loved having my kids home from school on Monday. We didn't do anything fancy, but we went to lunch and spent the day together.  I truly miss year-round school. I loved the breaks we had to go and do things together, but those days are over. Anyway, on to the real reason you are here! I had a request from a friend to make a birthday card. I asked her which style she would like and she requested vintage. Come on....twist my arm! Vintage is one of my favorite styles to create in. I couldn't have been happier! As you can see, this particular card only uses one stamp and it is one of the sentiments from PTI's Ruby Rose stamp set. I absolutely love the two sentiments that are included.

 I was secretly hoping that she wouldn't need to mail it because I was having a lot of fun with all of the 3-D embellishments. Thank heavens she wasn't! I was actually making two at the same time. One of my friends was having a birthday as well and I was making one for her, too. The funny thing is, I didn't even end up by giving it to her because it didn't match the gift sack. I made her a new card altogether in a mad dash and didn't get it photographed. Yes...I know I am crazy!  Anyway, I now have a spare on hand.

  The felt roses were made using dies from MFT and I love them. I don't know how I lived without them for so long. I added some gems to the middle for some extra detail using tombow mono multi glue. I use that stuff all the time!!  The pattern paper is from the Marcella by K & Company design collection, but it is quite old. I love it, though, and have a huge slab. Of course, I love adding accordion medallions and doilies to my vintage designs.

A button here or there, zig-zag stitching and some distressing and the cards were done! I had so much fun creating them, but when I was done I second guessed myself as to whether she would like it. She told me she loved it so I am going to believe her. Oh...I also used one of the Mojo Monday sketches for the design. It was one where there was a contest, but I didn't get it photographed in time to enter...not saying I was going to win or anything, but it is always fun to see what everyone does. I love how everyone's creativity and minds think!

I have been super busy sewing up a storm. I have made three rag quilts in the last few weeks. Two of them were made last week. I gave two away, but kept one for myself. Hopefully I will have time to make some St. Patrick's Day things. I found some fun paper the other day when I was picking up some fabric, so I will get busy and show you what I come up with. Thanks for fluttering by!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

You do the layering,vintage and combining pattern papers so well...I envy you that ability! this is a stunning card!

Anonymous said...

I love the card Kelley and I always love the papers and colors you combine. You are a great inspiration for me to try to do the same although I am not very good at mixing! Hugs!

Kathlene said...

What a beautiful creation. Love the texture and dimension and all the lovely vintagey elements.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So gorgeous!

Tanya said...

This is beautiful!! :)