I am finally done with one of my baby projects for my SIL who is expecting a baby girl in the next week or 2. I also, finally posted more info about the project on my other blog, Thimbles and Thread.
I love to have things coordinate, as I mention here on a regular basis, so of course I needed to create a tag to attach to the rag quilt that will be part of her gift. Rather than stamping any flower images, I opted to die cut some felt flowers using my cuttlebug and cuttlebug dies. I love using felt for projects and some of the cute bottle scarves that Amy has been making got me in the mood to pull some out. I was pleasantly delighted to have stumbled across some pieces while I was cleaning up my sewing area.
I made a card a couple of weeks ago using a similar color and design scheme that looked really nice with the fabric, so I used the same ideas. I am thinking of re-creating that same card, but substituting a baby sentiment, to tuck in with her gifts.
The background is embossed using a cuttlebug embossing folder. The flowers are die-cut as I mentioned before as well as the ribbon tag. The sentiment is from SU!'s "Nursery Necessities" and the cardstock, buttons and pattern paper are from Papertrey Ink.
I have another sewing project on the horizon to finish in the next day or two that I will link here as well. If you would like to see the quilt or even instructions on how to make one, you can check it out here. Thanks for fluttering by!
P.S. I will be back tomorrow with another new SFYTT!