Monday, June 8, 2009

Congratulations...

On getting a little bit older and better than ever!
I needed to make a birthday card for my husband's birthday. I decided to use this pattern paper and found a half made card base from a previous attempt at a SFYTT card. I decided to use it and make it into something new. I haven't used "Lovely as a Tree" in a long time and I am short on masculine sets, so I thought I would ink it up. The brown ribbon really doesn't fit, but I actually liked how it looked because of the texture and stitching. I really should have added brown somewhere else in the card, but I liked it so I went with it.

I have admitted before that I don't like to add alot of bells and whistles to my husband's cards since they end up in the trash and I am usually the tosser. I only added brads and one pewter eyelet as far as hardware goes and I will probably take off the brads before I throw it away! Aren't I terrible?
I have been wanting to use this Sale-a-bration set since I have only used it once (I think). I thought it was about time. I added a bit of sponging and called it good. I will have the kids sign their names and write a nice note inside if they like. I guess I need to go make dinner! Thanks for fluttering by!




10 comments:

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow, beautiful masculine card! I'm amazed that you could just throw this together with a leftover card base.... it looks so well-thought out! (And don't ya just hate how oblivious most men are to our art ;))

Tricia T said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that "recylces" cards before I toss them. I've even been known to do it to RAK's I receive. LOL!! :) Beautiful card!!

Patty C said...

I like your card. Very nice. The brown ribbon looks like it coordinates/compliments the colors well.

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Great card! I find it hard to find masuline stamps. However I've just been inspired to use my tree stamp for a father's day card.
Thanks

Amy Rohl said...

I'm right there with you on recycling parts from cards that are going in the trash--go green! ;)

Lovely card, and I am loving that paper with that ribbon--I have a ton of it, love it but have a hard time finding ways to use it!

Dawn Easton said...

Love this Kelly! The colours are fabulous!
LOL @ striping the card before tossing it...I do that too...hehe!

Tanya said...

So pretty! I love that!

Jessie/knightrone said...

What an awesome guy card!!

Bethany Paull said...

GREAT guy card. There may only be a few embellishments, but they pack a lot of WOW.

SentimentsbyDenise said...

This is a great card! Your design is wonderful!
Don't toss it, though! My husband props the cards I've made for him over the years on the shelves in his home office. Or you could create a little scrapbook to keep them in. I just think these little art creations are worth keeping around - inspiring, at least!