Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Birthday Blues


Today's Color Challenge over at SCS was to use Kraft, Not Quite Navy, and Baja Breeze! I started out using "Season of Friendship" but when I was on my second try, I decided to get out a new stamp set. I chose "Wow Flowers" because I thought these colors would work well for a birthday card. My friend's birthday is on the 18th and I want to give her a bunch of handmade cards as part of her present. She mentioned that she was in need, so I thought that it would be a great gift. She mentioned that she needed a lot of thank you cards and birthday cards, so this will be one that I will add to her growing stash.

The card is pretty straightforward. I just used a lot of punches for the raised image. Quick and easy with some fun details! I recently did something to my back and it has been sore for a while. It was on the mend and then something seriously went wrong yesterday, so it is hard for me to sit in a chair for too long. Hopefully I will be back
tomorrow with a better back. Thanks for fluttering by!
Supplies: Wow Flowers stamp set
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Vintage Photo distress ink
Paper: PTI White, Kraft, Baja Breeze, Not quite navy
Accessories: Paper Piercer and Mat Pack, 3/4 inch circle punch, 1 inch circle punch 1 1/4 inch circle punch, 1 3/8 inch circle punch, scallop punch, kraft taffeta ribbon, dimensionals and foam squares, cuttlebug and embossing folder

10 comments:

Deborah Saaranen said...

So fresh and pretty Kelly! I love the one popped up with the perfect balance of the sentiment opposite of it!

Anonymous said...

This card is super cute!! I'm loving this color combo and am hoping to get to play with it! Hope your back feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly, I'm sorry to hear about your back! I can't make three cards per evening without having my back ache pretty much, and that really sucks, so you have my compassion! I really hope you get better soon! Cute card btw :) Love the colour combo! Greetings from Germany - Nina

Christina Hill said...

That looks fantastic. Love the layering. I'm gaining a definite appreciation for Kraft card stock.

Unknown said...

kelly...this is so cute! love the layout, the colors, and the dimensionaled element!

Norine said...

love the color combo your card is simple yet so pretty
hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

I love all of the layers on this card. It's truly a classic.

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGosh, I just LOVE this!! I have the hardest time with small images like that, and you made it look easy!!

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgous card - I love all the layers, especially on the main scallop image. Hope your back feels better soon.

Juanita said...

Fabulous work with the colors. I love the direction you went with the card.