Monday, July 7, 2008

With Sympathy




Thank you so much for all of your well wishes and prayers. It really means a lot to me. The funeral will be Thursday. I was supposed to be driving a car full of cub scouts(including my son) to day camp . Life has a way of making other plans. I will still send my son so that he can pass of his requirements. I will have my husband and daughter with me.


I was finally able to sit down and get some sympathy cards made this afternoon. I made 4 of the same design. The design is simple and no stamping whatsoever. I ran some white cardstock through my cuttlebug for the card front. I computer generated the sentiment and punched it with my large oval punch from SU!, added some silver brads and adhered it to the card front with dimensionals. The finishing touch is a length of green satin ribbon knotted and glued down. I wanted something that wasn't too overwhelming or distracting. This design would also be great for Wedding Shower Invitations if you changed the sentiment and used the Bride's colors for the ribbon. Again, Thank you for your well wishes.

8 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is stunning and you are right about them being perfect for weddings and showers. I am just sorry you had to make them. You are in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Elegantly simple, tasteful and so appropriate. I can never make simple cards look this good. I'm sorry for your heavy heart.

Anonymous said...

Very elegant, Kelly. The ribbon is a perfect addition of color and sheen.
Rest when you're able to...

DeborahLynneS

Broni said...

Your card is so beautiful, Kelly. Very serene and elegant. I'm so sorry for the loss of your cousin.

Mimi Hornberger said...

Wow! That's all I can say. So simple but so WOW!
Unfortunately, I have to make a sympathy card for a friend. I think I will be using this idea. Thank you so much for sharing! XO, Mimi

Giovana said...

Your card is so pretty and elegant. Hard to make this kind of cards in this difficult moments.

My prayers are with you
God bless
Giovana

Anonymous said...

My sympathy and prayers to you. The card is lovely and simply graceful.

Tanya said...

I think the card is perfect. Very elegant and appropriate.
I'm sorry for the loss of your cousin.