Friday, July 11, 2008

Country Bumpkin


I just love this little rabbit out harvesting carrots.The image and sentiment are both from The Saltbox Studio. This little guy is from the April Banner set, but I thought it worked well for the summer, also. I colored this image a while ago and decided to use it tonight and make a fun gardening card. I personally don't have a vegetable garden, but we usually get some great stuff from the neighbors. I will probably use this card as a thank you to them for whatever summer harvest we are fortunate to recieve. I decided to use some fun patriotic colors which are perfect for this month. Here in Utah we celebrate Pioneer Days on July 24th, so red, white and blue are out all month long! I used some great wide gingham ribbon I picked up from Hobby Lobby when the Hen and Chicks set was released. I really like the country touch it gives my creations from The Saltbox Studio. I also added one of my new SU! buttons with a touch of linen thread.


Thank you again, for all of your kind comments and prayers over the last week! It really means a lot!!!!

8 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so super cute!!You are still in my prayers!!

Libby Hickson said...

This is so cute - I'm going to have to show this one (and your blog in general) to my mom - she's very much into Americana and country decorating in her home and all, I think she would flip for this card and several of your other creations!!

GINA said...

Way to cute. I love the colors and it looks so summery ( is that a word) LOL Great work.

Cris A said...

I have to get some of that ribbon! It looks great witht he cute card!

My Paper World said...

Sooooo cute! Love the country feel! xx

LeAnne said...

Just love these saltbox studio stamps---so cute with the gingham ribbon!
LeAnne

Giovana said...

Your organization is great and your card is super!!!!

God bless
Giovana

Anonymous said...

Great summer colors! Love the country patriotic feel too!