Monday, February 5, 2024

Papertrey Ink Project Inspiration

Happy Monday, friends! I had a project featured in the Papertrey Ink newsletter last week, so I thought I'd also share it here and provide a few more details on how I made this card. I have step-by-step photos that should help, too! I'm currently obsessed with die cut and colored flowers, if you haven't noticed, so that was the starting point for today's card.

I feel like I do a lot of "flowers framing a sentiment" type cards so I thought I'd change it up and use this cute Country Handbasket Die to fill up with the cute die cut blooms! I die cut it out of Kraft cardstock and then added some shading using Classic Kraft ink and a blender brush for added depth and dimension.

I glued the two pieces of the basket together and then got to work cutting and coloring the flowers. All of the flowers used on this card are from the Into the Blooms: Wreath die. I'm currently obsessed with the flowers and have used them on quite a few projects lately, but since I took December off, I haven't actually used the wreath portion included in the dies....I really need to remedy that! I colored the flowers using assorted Distress Oxide inks and finger daubers.

I die cut the border using the lovely Border Bling: Scalloped Frame die using Sweet Blush cardstock adn then added some Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide ink around the edges. I glued it onto a top-folding A2 card base using liquid glue. I then added a white oval that was cut using the medium-sized oval from the Love to Layer: Ovals Die. I adhered it to the card base using foam squares.

I decided AFTER I added the oval which sentiment I wanted to use, but I would suggest stamping it BEFORE , so that you don't have to worry about the foam squares underneath. ha ha! The sentiment is from the Garden Blessings stamp set and I stamped it in black ink. I added some black ink splatter, Moonshine sequins, and glitter. The flowers are arranged using both liquid glue and foam squares.

After I color the flowers, I used a foam mat and a stylus to shape the flowers. I didn't shape the pinks ones, though, just the yellow, blue, and white.

You could change up the color combination to create something more moody or seasonal depending on what you like! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

5 comments:

Becky Green said...

Kelly, this is SO PRETTY & FEMININE! I get your obsession! LOL ;)

Charlotte said...

Continue for sharing such a excellent post here. Keep on sharing, Thanks

Miranda said...

This is a tremendous post Keep up the great work. Sharing is nice keep it up

Angelica said...

I wanna say thank you for providing this great information. Great job

Thaddeus said...

Very nice blog post, I like this site Keep on sharing! Goodjob bud, Thanks