Thursday, February 8, 2024

Happy Heart Boxes

I've been busy as a little bee the last few days working on some "just for fun" projects, including these two heart boxes. My 4th grader has two teachers this year: one in the morning and one in the afternoon. He is my last child in elementary school so I was shamefully looking forward to only having one teacher to spoil, but that isn't the case, AND, it's not like I'm not used to making multiples of things, so it's been fine! ha ha! I've been having fun putting together their gifts for Valentine's Day, and wanted to make something to hold some chocolates and a lip-balm that is small and I don't want it to get lost with the rest of the items. Cue the amazing Happy Heart Box Dies from Concord & 9th! I made a few of these in 2022 and haven't revisited them since!

They are really easy to make; I simply followed the video that you can find underneath the product photo. I just fast-forwarded until I got to the part where she begins making the box, but she does show some ideas for the other dies included in the collection. I die cut all of the pieces for each box from Pale Peony cardstock and then assembled them using the video.

I used some cute pattern paper called Hello, Darling from The Paper Studio...this is a 4 by 6 pad I believe...something smaller in scale. I used the heart die included in the collection: once from the pattern paper and once from Pale Peony. This pattern paper is very thin so I wanted to glue the two hearts together for a more sturdy piece.

I heat embossed the sentiment, which is from the retired Be Mine, Valentine stamp set from PTI in gold powder onto a black strip of cardstock. I notched the end for added detail and then used black foam squares to pop it up on the box.

The flowers are from the Into the Blooms: Wreath dies and I colored them using SU! ink and small blender brushes. I added them to the boxes using mini foam squares. These boxes match the style of the  cute notebooks I found on Amazon and some cute pens. I will share the links here if you are interested. I am not an affiliate with Amazon, I just find quite a bit of cute stuff there! ha ha!
Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. I feel really bad when people leave me comments and questions that I can't reply to. I'm not sure what's going on, but SUE asked a question about THESE cards and what color the pink is....it is Rose Red from Stampin' Up! I hope you see this....I feel bad that it's been so long! If you see this, will you please leave a comment so that I know that you have seen it?

 

No comments: