Wednesday, October 4, 2023

The Greetery {Recollective Holiday Collection} Day 2

It's so great to be back today sharing even more inspiration for the Recollective Holiday Collection from The Greetery with full reveals for today's featured products! I have three projects to share with you today, but first, make sure you take some time to head to The Greetery Blog for the official "Meet and Greet" for today's products! Also, make sure to leave a comment here. and on each designers' blog, for a chance to be eligible to win one of two $50 gift certificates to the shop!
My first card for today picks up where I left off yesterday in terms of colors and feel. I wanted something rustic and earthy to showcase the lovely new Christmas Sampler stencil collection and the new Christmas Sampler sentiments and dies.

I love that I was able to pull in a few of the embroidery elements that were released this summer! To begin this card, I stenciled two identical panels; I set one aside to use as the background and then used the Aida Cloth Texture Plate over the top of the second panel to give it that great texture. Once that was done, I used the Hoopla Oval Inserts Die to die cut the oval shape.

I also die cut the hoop using the Hoopla Oval Die from Rustic White cardstock and then added the color using sponge daubers and Distress Oxide inks. I glued it over the top of the oval piece and then added the silver "hanger" at the top using additional liquid glue.

I layered it over the top of the background stenciled panel using foam squares for dimension, and making sure to line it up properly. Each of the included sentiments in the Christmas Sampler Sentiments stamp/die set fit perfectly in the white space. I opted to use "Peace on Earth" because the colors just seem so peaceful.

Rather than just stamping them directly onto the card, I opted to cut them out using the coordinating dies and then popping them up with foam squares. I toyed around with adding a bunch of Juniper branches, but in the end, simplicity won (who am I?) and I left it as is. I adhered it to a Kraft card base using additional foam squares for added dimension.

Now for something a little more "Merry and Bright" ha ha! Of all the products included in this release, this Plaid Tidings suite of products took me the most off-guard by sheer delight! I had SO much fun creating this card and I wanted to keep going! That being said, I can't wait to use it again!!!

I've paired the large sentiments with the oh-so-sweet Popcorn Garland that is accented with the new Peppermint bits here and there! My sweet tooth was gnawing while I was creating, I must admit! I'm not sure where it originated, but my family has a tradition of making something called "Popcorn Cake"; it's not really a cake at all, but rather a big wad of what would be a popcorn ball (with peanuts, gumdrops, gooey marshmallow) all pressed into a greased Angel Food Cake pan. My stinker brother and cousin both joked that if you swept up a movie theater and pressed it into a pan, you'd get "popcorn cake"! Gross! It's nothing like that, but rather a nostalgic, and delicious, treat that our family enjoys! But, back on topic,......the garland reminded me of that and that's why I was drooling! LOL!

Let me explain the Plaid Tidings a bit, especially since I'm so delightfully smitten by it! The suite includes the Plaid Tidings Stencil Collection, which is what I used to make the candy cane striped letters AND the green shadow. You could simply stop there, but I chose to use both the large shadow die that will die cut the ENTIRE "So Very Merry", AND the die that cuts out each individual letter. I chose this option as well for maximum depth and dimension. I used foam squares to pop up each of the letters lining them up with the shadow.

Now, you may be scratching your head thinking, "I thought she called it "Plaid Tidings"?" I opted to just make candy cane stripes by omitting some of the stencils, but by using ALL of them, you would end up with a gorgeous plaid sentiment. Hopefully that makes sense! I'm sort of obsessed with "cute" candy canes, and once I got done with this series of stencils, it just looked too cute to make plaid! ha ha! But, that's the great thing about paper, ink, and stencils....you can just keep making and making and making and never run out of possibilities!!!!
The accent sentiments "Hoping Your Christmas Is" and "& Bright" are included in the Plaid Tidings Sentiment set and allow you to create quite a few different greetings to really mix things up! I added the popcorn garland at the top and bottom of the card and accented with some of the holly images included in the sentiment set. Now, I WAS  going to add Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the top of all of the letters to give them a true candy shine, but it's been a little finicky lately (we got a cold front that came in) and it ended up cracking on one of my recent projects and I just couldn't run the risk after I had worked so hard to add the letters with foam squares! ha ha! BUT, I still want to give it a try, so when it warms up in the next few days, I think I'll attempt it! 

My third and final card for today is giving me ALL the vintage, nostalgic feels;  from the lights, the colors, and the garland! This card features the new Bright and Bubbly stamp/die set paired with the Popcorn Garland (of course;)) and a few sprigs from the Winterland stamp/die set that was showcased yesterday!


I never did have any relatives that used these lights, that I can remember, but they still give me that vintage Christmas vibe that I adore! I chose retro colors to really give it a nostalgic feeling.

Now, the stamp set does come with a "glow/shine" image, but I opted for an overall glow and used the Sparkler Background Stamp. I love how it turned out! I found a picture of an actual set of these bubble lights and used the colors from that for a realistic look.
My projects for today have really given me time to reflect on some of my favorite childhood memories of Christmas (Christmas is definitely a feeling, isn't it?) and I wish I could bottle them up and share with my kids! There's nothing quite like an old-fashioned Christmas, just like Frank Sinatra sings about, to get my heart glowing! I hope you've enjoyed today's projects and products as I've walked down memory lane! I sure love that Betsy has given us a glimpse into the recollections of her Christmases past and allow us to reflect on our own treasured memories! Stay tuned for tomorrow as we head even further down memory lane to reveal some products with tender significance to Betsy! Thanks for fluttering by!
Kelly (you are here)

 

121 comments:

Myrna said...

Kelly, lovely card designs!!! I am especially loving the new Christmas Sampler stencil set, and love your Aida textured background with it!!!! Thanks for your inspiration

Barbara said...

Rustic, earthy and vintage! You were able to get it all on your super cute cards.

Carmela said...

Beautiful cards, Kelly! I love your sampler card!! The colors are so pretty and soft and I love how you framed it!

Lynda Dean said...

You always choose the prettiest color combinations! I'm loving these stencils

sue a said...

I so enjoy your cards! From your color choices and layering to your die combinations and extra little details...they always make me smile! Todays favorie is the third card. Love the way you pulled all the bits together.

Dawn H said...

I love your card designs and color choices. So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Loving your delight using the Make Merry plaids! Interesting layers and looks to be had!
Jan Metcalf
jmetcalf777@gmail.com

sherry107 said...

I love your Stitched card and the colors you used on it! So beautiful! Beautiful cards today,as always!

Debbie said...

I love how you did the candy cane stripes on the sentiment - both options are great. Love your cards. So very well designed.

Tracy S. said...

The colors you used in your bubble light card are gorgeous!

Julie Bitner said...

Your cards are so pretty! I love the vintage-y color combos you used.

Kim Burckhard said...

I love the warm colors you chose for your sampler

Steph B said...

What a sweet collection, I just love it. Your cards are beautiful.

Anneleise Hampson said...

Love those bubble lights! What a great release. Such beautiful cards.

Sandy S. said...

I really love that sampler card and the colors you used. Fantastic!

KraftyKrissi said...

LOVE the hoopla die with the stitched and stenciled pattern! They work perfectly together!

Barb Kirkwood said...

Love the card with the hoopla. Beautiful colors.

Mary Kay Ross said...

Your cards are soooo beautiful. I'm loving this vintage theme and what you have done with it.

Lissette said...

Love all your cards. They are just gorgeous! That first one with the hoop is awesome and has that vintage look while the striped stencil in pink card makes me want peppermint candy. Great job!

michelle in mi said...

Fabulous card with the bubble lights!

Cindy Otto said...

I love the bubbly lights! So many wonderful memories!������

srob said...

Beautiful cards. Love the colors you chose.

Luanne said...

I love the non traditional colors on that sampler card! What gorgeous cards today!

Betty Sue said...

Love your first card so much! Love this new release!!!

Vickie R. said...

I love your sampler card so much! Everything is beautiful!

Pam said...

I love your color combinations. Such a relief from all the red and green!

Miriam Leech said...

Your colors get me every time!! Love the Popcorn Cake story. Love every single card!!!!

Susan Beauchaine said...

Very cute cards. Creative!

Debbie said...

I love the homespun feel of the new Christmas Sampler stencils. Your card is so pretty with the Hoopla Oval over the top. Perfect!

Catherine Anderson said...

Love your vintage Christmas Sampler! Thanks for explaining how the “So Merry” suite works. Popping up the individual letters adds so much “WOW” factor!

Susi K said...

Love the rustic look of your Christmas Sampler card - stunning!

Sheila said...

Beautiful cards, especially the Peace on Earth, the colors are amazing!! Such a fun release.

Ruth CM said...

Great cards! Love the popcorn garland!

Samantha Pfrimmer said...

Every card is SO GOOD! I love how you enhanced everything with products from prior releases!

Jan in Tucson said...

I adore the pastel approach you took with these cards. So soft and pretty!

Nancy S. said...

All of your cards are great, but I am drawn to the calm colors of the Peace on Earth. Wonderful release! Nancy S. Nasinnen@yahoo.com

Isabel Z said...

I am swooning over your cards! Truly beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love all of your color combos! Your Christmas Sampler card is a beauty!

Keri H

Mary Holshouser said...

Love how you made a work-in-progress look with
the sampler. Great idea. The bubble lights
on the tree is lovely. Wonderful cards.
thanks for sharing.

Debbie Br said...

The bubble lights are so fun. Liking the plaid stencil too!

Karen V. said...

Lovely cards showcasing all these stamps and dies!

Mimi said...

I absolutely adore everything about today's products! The bubble lights are absolutely fantastic, and I'm planning to create some ornament boxes to prepare for the holidays. Now, I just need to find a way to stay within my budget. The new Christmas Sampler and Fair Isle stencils are so charming, giving that cozy and nostalgic Christmas atmosphere. "So Very Merry" is incredibly festive and delightful; I am absolutely enamored with it! This release offers a plethora of distinctive and delightful items, and the showcased projects are incredibly inspiring, truly getting me into the holiday mood. It's a wonderful tribute to your grandmother.

C. Wilbur said...

Your sampler is a work of art!! Gorgeous cards!

Carol said...

You captured that retro feeling perfectly! Absolutely love the colors you chose for the sampler card. Perfect!

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous cards...love the warm memories they all invoke but today is all about that plaid for me.❤️

Pat A said...

Beautiful cards! Love the bubble lights!

Annie B. said...

Beautiful Cards!!! The sampler cards are awesome, love the details on them.

Leslie said...

Such great cards again today! I'm so loving all of the bubble lights!

Helen F. said...

LOVE your first card, Kelly! The color scheme is so soft and vintage~it's just perfect for this lovely set! I always like to see your mix of old and new products too :-)

Janet Goshorn said...

Love your cards - such soft colors lend to the vintage feeling

Stacy Roberds said...

Wonderful color choices! Cannot wait to experiment using your color palette!

Gayle I. said...

Amazing creation of cards; love that Christmas sampler card!

Jennifer K said...

Such festive cards!

Jade said...

I am very impressed by your cards. The colors are so pretty and make me in a holiday mood. Delightful! Thank you.

Sue McRae said...

Your first card is so charming with the stitched background and woodgrain frame! Love how it turned out!

Allie said...

LOVE your colour palettes, Kelly! Especially on the So Very Merry Card with the candy cane stripes. Great to see the windowpane plaid stamp background again, too - beautiful projects!

Rosemary said...

your talent for card design and detailing never ceases to amaze me! every single card is just gorgeous.

Connie said...

Fantastic cards, Kelly!

Pat Phillips said...

Wow! It is always so fun to see what you come up with and these cards are wonderful. Thank you Kelly!

Kathy Dumpert said...

Your card using the bubble lights with the popcorn garland looks like a picture of my old tree, beautiful!

mel h said...

Your first card shows how versatile this set could be...love the unique colorway.

Linda E said...

Gorgeous makes, Kelly, but Bubble Lights for the win!

Rachael B said...

So fun and festive!

BarbaraB said...

I love the colors you used in the sampler card. I just love the use of blue, even in this Christmas card.

Ann F. said...

Beautiful cards as always.

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful color combos and details on your awesome cards! I especially love the last card with the bubble lights and popcorn garland! So nostalgic!

Karen in PA said...

The Aida Cloth background is the perfect accompaniment to today's releases. Just so striking.

Karen said...

Your beautiful Christmas Sampler card is ramping up my desire for that stencil and stamp set. Love all your cards!

Nancy R. said...

Yes, Christmas is definitely a feeling. This release has been very nostalgic feeling. Your cards are so well thought out and beautifully capture nostalgic!

Stephanie Clapper said...

What beautiful designs Kelly, I love them all! . I especially the earth tone colors on your sampler. I can imagine it framed for an addition to your Christmas decor.

Anne B said...

Fabulous projects but my favourite is the one using the Bright and Bubbly set paired with the Popcorn Garland. Great vintage feel!

MoTurner said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your card projects! So much inspiration with this unique release of product goodness! Love how well these new stencil sets coordinate with the sewing collection!

Carrie said...

All three cards are awesome and my favorite is the Very Merry card!

Emma Sleppy said...

So festive, I LOVE the colors on the first card. Such creativity and now all I want to do is get into Holiday mode.

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love the bubble light and popcorn string one! The sentiments and plaids are sooo fun!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are great! I love the soft color palette of your first card & so love your brighter pink cards as well! What an amazing release of new products from The Greetery! Kristin Makowski. Krickys24@roadrunner.com

Miriam Prantner said...

I love the colors for your sampler card, so pretty and sweet. I think you have my favorite so very Merry card too, the colors you chose for the stenciling are perfect, not too busy!

Mutzy Mia said...

Stunning! Loved everyone of your creations. Bubble lights are my favorite just because of the memories they bring back and you have shown them beautiful here. Loved your color choices on all your cards, especially the blue you have chosen. Also love the stripe you created on your words...so many possibilities. Thanks for all the inspiration again!

Tracey McNeely said...

Kelly these are all so beautiful. I absolutely love your house and all the details are just fabulous!

Lori Beseke said...

While I love the bubble light products, I also love how you use used the Christmas Sampler Stencils. Such pretty cards!

ESUE said...

I can't wait to combine the summer release with this one. it will make some gorgeous cards. Love your cross stitch card.

Becky Green said...

Oh my, Kelly! Your cards make me want IT ALL! And here I thought I would be happy with just a few things! SUPER WORK!!!! I can't pick a favorite, as I love them ALL! ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the sampler card you made. And the popcorn garland is so realistic. Just awesome release!

smudgie1955@gmail.com
Patricia H.

Karen Letchworth said...

Your cards are all stunning. The first one truly looks like it's hand stitched in that lovely frame. Thank you so much for sharing these incredibly inspiring and beautiful cards.

Karen M said...

Wow, everything is spectacular! The Christmas sampler is so pretty done in the blues/greens and on the Aida cloth with the hoop.

Charlene said...

Love the new Fair Isle stencil - so many possibilities! I love the blues on the card - wow!

Sally Keagle said...

Your cards are so beautiful, you captured the nostalgia perfectly. Love your work!

see mary stamp said...

All of your projects are amazing - but OH MY WORD - the Christmas Sampler project is stunning!

Ruth G said...

Your colorful designs make me feel so happy! And how you used the Aida Cloth Texture Plate and the Hoopla Oval Inserts Die with the Christmas Sampler makes me swoon! Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring!!!

Amy C. said...

Your cards are so amazing! The beautiful details and gorgeous colors really make these new products shine.

Kathy Mc said...

Your Christmas sampler is very peaceful and serene, Kelly. I always enjoy your clever ideas and color schemes. Love your candy cane letters and realistic-looking bubbly lights.

Lee said...

Beautiful colors and design on your Christmas Sampler card! And love the happy look of the others! Thank you for sharing!

Kelly S said...

What a warm and wonderful color scheme for your stenciled cards! That bubble light card is so beautiful with so many pretty things to take in...just like on a real Christmas tree!

MicheleS said...

Your projects are so festive and inspiring!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors on your Christmas sampler card! Thank you!
LynnW

sharon g said...

I especially like your first card. It is perfect--the colors, the design. I really need the Fair Isle goodies.

Sue D said...

Wonderful cards. My favorite is the first one.

Tricia Barber said...

ADORE this release! Just gorgeous! Beautiful projects!

Christy H. said...

Your cards amaze me every time! The Bright and Bubbly card paired with the popcorn garland with the pink and green colors is perfect! I love the vintage style! Christy H. ru4given2@bellsouth.net

anni said...

Gorgeous cards! Love this release so much!

Stamping911 said...

I love your cards. You are so talented!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Love your cards and color choices!!

lindagk23 said...

Beautiful cards! Love this release!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Kelly, your cards are just always spectacular. I think I could just stare at them for hours. Always so lovely. 😍😍😍 mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Sam F said...

Really festive and fun cards!!

Ms. Tamp said...

Great color ideas for combinations with a craft layer.

SabineV said...

That popcorn garland is great! Love your cards.

Donna Walls said...

Great inspiration today Kelly! I'm in love with the popcorn garland and Bright & Bubbly!

laurazark@gmail.com said...

Your first card is just lovely and really does feel like home. The other two are Merry and Bright and so full of Holiday Cheer! They are all AMAZING and your color combos are perfection. ♥

Amy Vitriani said...

Wow!! I just love all your cards!! The colors are fantastic!!

A Crafty Person said...

Love the sampler design stencils.

CRZUEHLKE said...

Stunning cards and such a fun release!

Cheryl B. said...

Love the added hoop on the Christmas sampler card!

Larissa Heskett said...

SQUEAL!! These Products bring back FUN Holiday memories!! I ADORE the Candy and Strips!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS Week!! ❤️

Heather said...

Those vintage lights are so cool!

Betty Neville said...

These are stunning! I love all the beautiful details you put into your cards.

TeresaC said...

Kelly, you continue to inspire me with each and every one of your delightful projects!! This holiday release is really captivating!!

Candy said...

Peace on earth—if only we had that today

Becky S. said...

Wow, the Very Merry you made looks like pretty patterned paper! And I like the coordinating envelopes!

Kris said...

Love the colors you used on the Peace on Earth card!

Nancy S. said...

Great cards Kelly! Love your Christmas Sampler in the non-traditional colors.