Monday, August 28, 2023

Papertrey Ink August Release Countdown Day 4

 


Welcome to the 4th and final day of the Papertrey Ink August release countdown! My first card features the new Build-a-Turkey dies and the new Fun Frame: Leaves! I also couldn't resist adding another plaid background that was created using the new Watercolor Plaid Stencil set! I think I'm addicted! ha ha!

To begin, I die cut all of the pieces I would need for the turkey; you will definitely want quite an assortment of feathers to give him a lot of color and fulness! I simply cut everything from white cardstock and then colored it using Distress Oxide inks. I find this approach the easiest so that you don't have to run your die cut machine a thousand times using different colored pieces of cardstock! I also like being able to add different tones of each color for added realism.
I glued the turkey together using liquid glue and foam squares. I added googly eyes rather than the eye pieces that come included in the die collection for some whimsy and fun! I die cut the frame from white cardstock and then used residual ink from my blender brushes to color the frame! I like using green as a base for autumn leaves like this because then you can add the fall colors over the top and it looks like real leaves changing colors for the season!
I layered everything onto the plaid background using additional foam squares and glue. The sentiment, which is from the new Give Thanks Sentiments, is heat embossed in gold onto a strip of vellum. I simply wrapped it around the front and secured it in back using clear tape. I glued the entire panel onto a top-folding A2 card base using liquid glue.

My second card for today features the new Delicate Trees Stencils. This is a collection of stencils that allows you to create different tree scenes using the varied sizes of trees. This would also be a fun collection to use in the spring with pinks and purples. I chose to use it as a backdrop for my pumpkin scene featuring the new Farm Fresh Pumpkins that was showcased yesterday.

To begin, I stenciled the different trees using Distress Oxide inks. Make certain that you use the right side of the stencil! woops! I realized that I had some upside down and it really makes a difference when you're trying to add the trunk or the top, depending on what you started with! ha ha!

Once the tree scene was set, I added the different pieces to create the Farm Fresh Pumpkins addition! I just love how it turned out! I used the large Thanks sentiment from the Give Thanks stamp set to finish off the design. I added the stenciled panel to a top-folding Saffron Spice card base using foam squares!


I had a lot of fun creating all of these projects for the August release! All of the new products will be available for purchase tomorrow night at 10 PM ET. Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: