Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Timeless Tuesday {Welcoming Spring with Cloche Quarters}

Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope you've all had a great start to your week leading up to Easter! I'm planning on mailing and delivering quite a few Easter/spring cards this year and realized that I will need more than I have on hand. I will be taking some time the next few days to create a few more cards to add to the mix. I plan on mailing my cards on Wednesday to give them plenty of time to get to their destinations (mailing locally) before Sunday. I would have mailed them earlier, but I decided I wanted to add some seed packets to each of the cards and they won't arrive until Wednesday! ha ha!

I feel like there are SO many of my favorite sets that get neglected, so I decided to revisit an older set paired with some newer favorites to give a fresh feel to my card. I decided to call my post today "Timeless Tuesday" because I feel like the Cloche Quarters series of stamps and dies is just that: Timeless! I'm actually planning on pulling out other older favorites to play around with this week.


To begin my card, I die cut the pieces from the Cloche Quarters and Cloche Quarters: Spring Fillers die set and then stamped them with the coordinating stamp sets. While these have been retired, I'm guessing many of you still have them in your stash. 
Once I had everything stamped and ready to go, I couldn't decide what I should do for the background. I decided to go get my stack of spring/Easter cards that I've already made and played around with different background options. There were quite a few that I thought would be nice, but in the end I settled on the same background that I made for THIS card. 

I die cut the Border Bling: Lattice die twice from white cardstock and then glued them together for a sturdy piece. I added some Spring Moss ink around the edges and then glued it onto a top folding A2 card base with some Aqua Mist ink around the edges. I used the largest die in the Love to Layer: Beautiful Brackets to layer over the lattice background. I stenciled a cloud pattern over the top using the Cloud Stencil; this is my go-to stencil, but I noticed that they have a Rolling Clouds stencil that I just might need!

I added some Hawaiian Shores ink splatter over the top for some added springtime detail. I also die cut greenery and extra flowers using the Into the Blooms: Clover die and then colored them with Distress Oxide inks.

I added some glitter here and there over the top for some sparkle and shine! I had so much fun creating this card and I can't wait to send it to someone! I'm currently typing this on a VERY snowy day and spring has yet to show her delights, so this card will need to suffice for now! ha ha! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

5 comments:

Becky Green said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK, Kelly! I think your desire for SPRING has come out in this card! JUST LOVELY! I also like that you added color to the corner of the lattice die! NICE TOUCH! ;)

Cindy Otto said...

Love, love, love your card! Haven’t used this set in a long time. You gave me some new inspiration! Thank you!

Cindy H. said...

Kelly, I love your beautiful card! Thanks for the inspiration!

Connie said...

Hi Kelly,
Great idea for your spring cards.
Never thought of putting a plant in one of these, Brilliant!
Too bad this set is retired.
Thanks for sharing this idea.
Take care and have a wonderful day.

Donna said...

Love your spring card Kelly, & yay I do have this set! Thx for the wonderful inspiration!