Sunday, January 22, 2023

Papertrey Ink January Release Countdown Day 1

It's January and that means it's time for birthday stamps and dies at Papertrey Ink! Up first is a sweet new set called Birthday Pops...yep, cake pops! Aren't they cute and clever? I tried making cake pops once....these paper versions are so much easier and not nearly as messy! Ha ha! The Birthday Pops stamp/die set comes with everything you can imagine to create the sweetest looking cake pops: sprinkles, toppings, bows, and more!

If the cake pops aren't cute enough, the set also comes with this cute hobnail jar image; this is going to be my new go-to jar for flowers all year long! Isn't it so cute?


The background for this card was created using the new Stargazing Hot Foil Plate and silver foil on Raspberry Fizz cardstock.

The little pennant flag attached to the cake pop with a bite out of it is included in the Birthday Pops stamp set and uses one of the MANY included sentiments. I stamped the 'Warm Birthday Wishes" sentiment, which is from the new Just Sentiments: From All of Us stamp set, in black directly onto the jar.

My second card for today is a CAS masculine design; it uses the new Birthday Your Way stamp set. This set includes a bunch of different Happy Birthday sentiments and a few of them having coordinating dies so you can cut them out. I chose this large, graphic sentiment.

The sentiment below the Happy Birthday sentiment is from the new Inside Greetings: From All of Us. My son's birthday was Friday and I was wishing I already had this made to give to him! ha ha!

I used the positive portion of the balloons that were die cut from the new Elegant Edges: Balloon Party die. I inked them using Orange Zest, Green Parakeet, and Tropic Teal ink.

The background was created by blending some Tropic Teal ink onto a white card base using a blender brush. I also added some Tropic Teal ink splatter over the top. I used post-it notes to cover up the bottom so it didn't get on the sentiment stamped on the base. I added the die cut sentiment afterward.

This concludes day 1; I'll be back tomorrow for more birthday inspiration! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a fantastic start to the countdown. Love your projects Kelly. The cake pops are a must have.

Julie Bitner said...

Those cake pops are just the cutest!