Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Papertrey Ink June Release Countdown Day 4

Hello summer!!  How fitting that I'm sharing this card today celebrating the first day of summer! I'm thrilled to be here for the last day of the June Papertrey Ink release countdown! There was a little mix-up over on the PTI blog yesterday and this cute Feathered Friend made his appearance a little early! ha ha! No worries, though; I'll still share him here and give you all of the details on how I made this tropical card! 

The focal point of today's card is the parrot from the new Feathered Friends mini 24 stamp set and die! I chose to ink him up in the traditional parrot colors for a colorful display! Despite the amount of images included in this set, this bird is delightfully easy to stamp and put together! I began with the red feather portion, then added in this order: feet, beak, green feathers, black eye/mask portion, teal feathers, yellow feathers and then the coordinating details. Easy peasy!

I had so much fun using the Floral Paradise stamp set for my Flash Sale a few weeks ago, I thought it would be fun to ink up a few more leaves and flowers to tuck behind the colorful parrot. I also snuck in a few leaves from the new Feathered Friends 24 dies that were showcased on day 2. 

I stenciled a panel using the Pool Water stencils that were showcased yesterday. I love the unique background it provides for this tropical design. It would also be cool to use as a stone wall or a stone path of some kind as well. In fact, you could create a deck for the pool with the smaller patterned stencil and then the pool water with the larger of the two stencils.
It's hard to see in the photo, but I used the Border Basics: Rectangle Die paired with the Border Bling: Tribal Frames Die. For those of you who don't know, the Border Basics: Rectangle Die is the base for ALL of the different Border Bling (not skinny frames) Frame dies. You simply die cut your cardstock using the basic frame and then drop in your Border Bling die and cut it again. So easy! The sentiments are both from the new Floating By Sentiments stamp set and I love them!

10 comments:

Becky Green said...

SO LOVELY!!! ;)

I Card Everyone said...

Glad we didn't miss him, Kelly! He's magnificent in all his traditional plumage!
BTW I did not know about that frame - another amazing idea!
=]

Cindy H. said...

Kelly, this scene is so exotic looking and I love it! Great design and coloring!

Anonymous said...

Loving your cards! So summery!!

Connie said...

I Love the wonderful vibrant parrot and bird of paradise flowers!
Fabulous tropical card!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you very much 🥰

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Michele!❤️

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊