Monday, June 6, 2022

Floral Paradise Aloha

Aloha Friends! I'm popping in today to share this fun tropical card that I created for my Papertrey Ink Flash Sale this week! I think I say it every year, but I absolutely LOVE making summer cards! I need to send out of few, so this one will be perfect to pop in the mail to say ALOHA! 

To begin my card, I die cut the bird twice using the Feathered Friends 12 Die. I glued the two main bird pieces together using liquid glue. This bird is very delicate with the long neck, and spindly legs, so this makes it a more sturdy piece; especially if you're going to be doing ink blending, like I did! I used Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, and Pure Poppy for the main bird with a touch of Winter Wisteria at the top of the legs.

I used a black marker to color the tip of the bird's beak and the eyes. I glued these pieces, along with the other beak/eye pieces using liquid glue. I colored the legs using Summer Sunrise and Canyon Clay and glued them onto the base with liquid glue.

I chose the beautiful and unique Floral Paradise Stamp Set to accent my flamingo; I think it's the perfect fit for this darling bird! The background was created by stenciling a 4 by 5 1/4 inch piece of white cardstock using the Woodblock Prints Stencil Collection. I added the pierced detail around the edges using the Nesting Basics Pierced Rectangles die set.

I die cut a frame using the Border Bling: Skinny Postage Frames dies and then added some Hawaiian Shores ink using a blender brush. I added it to the stenciled panel using foam strips for dimension. Once that was done, I stamped the "ALOHA" sentiment in black. This particular sentiment is from the Just Sentiments: Wish You Were Here stamp set and is perfect for summer cards! I added the bird and the flowers/foliage using foam squares and then gave everything a generous sprinkling of glitter! The entire focal panel is added to a top-folding A2 card base using foam squares! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

5 comments:

Becky Green said...

Kelly, this is BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the RICH colors you got on the Flamingo! SUPERBLY DONE!! ;)

Birgit said...

This is stunning Kelly! I love anything tropical and this combination of stamps and dies, and your colors..... pure delight!

~amy~ said...

WOWZA. Love this so much Kelly!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊