Monday, May 16, 2022

Pattern Play with Papertrey Ink


It's my turn to participate in this week's Papertrey Ink What Do I Do With This? feature! I’m thrilled to be sharing the day with Kelly S. as we share our designs using some amazing products in new ways! I love how Kelly used the Pattern Party stamp set  for her whimsical sun; that got me thinking of a few other ways to use these cute patterned stamps! I wanted to explore the possibility of adding pattern to solid images like I did on my leaves and roses for today’s card!

To begin, I die cut all of the leaves and flower pieces I would need to complete my card using the Into the Blooms: Roses dies (I actually die cut a bunch more that I’ll use on another card). I colored them using Distress Oxide inks and a finger dauber until I was happy with the look. I used a lighter hand than I normally do because I knew I would be adding the patterns over the top. Once each piece was colored with ink, I used my Mini MISTI to stamp the polka dots and leaf pattern onto the leaf clusters as well as the stand-alone leaf.

I did the same thing with the yellow rose and the polka dot stamp, but opted to keep the pink rose plain so it wouldn’t be too busy. I really like how these patterned leaves and flowers turned out! You could experiment with a few of the other patterns included in the Pattern Play stamp set for even more possibilities.

Once the leaves and flowers were assembled and ready to go, I got to work on the background. I wanted to incorporate a stencil like Kelly S. did, so I took an A2 panel of Fresh Snow Linen cardstock and added the Aqua Mist ink using the Stencil Basics: Quatrefoil Stencil I used a heavier hand in the middle of the panel and then let if fade toward the edges. I added the Border Bling: Skinny Embossed Frame using ScorTape and then splattered some Hawaiian Shores ink in the middle as well. The sentiment is stamped in black toward the bottom right corner.

I wanted to keep the card soft, but detailed, so I added the Love to Layer: Floral Fusion Die and Love to Layer: Scalloped Circles offset from the card base and layered the roses and leaves over the top. I added a sprinkling of glitter and a trio of sparkling clear sequins for some shine! I hope you’ll take a fresh look at some of your pattern stamps and think of some new ways to use them! Thanks for fluttering by!





3 comments:

Becky Green said...

Kelly, I saw this on the PTI blog & I KNEW it was YOU!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE those polka dot leaves & just EVERYTHING you've done with this! G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!! ;)

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! You’re always so sweet!

Cindy H. said...

Wow, Kelly, this is just so gorgeous!