Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Taylored Expressions {Knock on Wood}Designer Dangles


Hello and welcome, friends! It's always a good day when I'm sharing something I LOVE and getting to work with one of my favorite companies! I've shared quite a few of the Taylored Expressions Designer Dangles over the years, but this new release is so fresh and fun! I've given countless sets of earrings as gifts to my friends, my kids' teachers at school and church, as giveaways, etc.! They are just so much fun!

Our Knock on Wood earring composition bases come in a variety of shapes to complement our Designer Dangles dies. With drilled holes that work with our Designer Dangles Earring Wires and Jump Rings (sold separately), these laser-cut walnut wood shapes will surely inspire you to make more jewelry! Please note: the laser-cutting process leaves a thin layer of film on each base that makes it look "dirty" on one side. Peel off the film to reveal the true walnut color that can be left plain, painted, or bedazzled with glitter!

***I didn't know about this peel off film, so I didn't do that, so please note that some of my samples still have the film!***woops!

It's no secret that I'm a HUGE fan of printed faux leather and I use them A LOT with my earrings! The knew collection also includes these fabulous printed leathers that you will see throughout today's post!

The wood pieces are nice, sturdy, and THICK so you will want to make certain that you order the jump rings as well. Most of the earrings I am sharing in today's post use the jump rings, with the exception of 2.

This particular set does not require jump rings. These earrings use the new Designer Dangles "Wrap Around" dies paired with the nesting circle wood pieces (not sure on the exact name). These are by far my favorite of the release and I ended up making another pair using the extra circles that I'll share in a bit!


These are so easy and simple to create and I think they're so cute!

This particular pair is one that I didn't remove the film, so the look of the wood on these is WITH the film on. I actually really like it, so you can decide if you want to keep it on like I did! ha ha! On this particular pair, I used the half-circle wood pieces to insert into the leather for a different look.

These are the same earrings with the half-circle removed! I made these for a cute new dress I got from Amazon that ended up not fitting! LOL! I will definitely still be wearing these because I love how they turned out!

This next pair uses the new On Point dies paired with these diamond shape wood pieces. As you can see, you need two jump rings to make these earrings!



This pair uses the beautiful green and gold flecked cork that I ABSOLUTELY adore!

This next pair is fun because you can use just the dies to create the earrings or just use the wood portion at the top with the leather at the bottom, like I have shown today!




This next pair is one of the easiest of the bunch because all you are doing is adding the leather piece to the bottom with glue! The leather is cut using the In the Round dies. You can also just cut the circle piece from leather as well, so this one is versatile, too!
Well, this concludes today's earring post, but rest assured, I will be making more of these super cute designs! Thanks for fluttering by!





 

2 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Love your earring designs Kelly!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Goodness Kelly, your earrings are beautiful, I love the different looks! 😊❤️