It's the 25th and that means it is time for another Keeping Christmas Inspiration Blog Hop! Make sure to head to each of the other designer's blogs to see what they have been cooking up this month!
Lesley Croghan (off this month)
Broni Holcombe (off this month)
For my project, I decided to make some gift card holders. I ended up by making a few of these last year and they ended up by being one of my favorite little gifts I handed out. You can see last year's project HERE. This wasn't the project I had planned on doing, but things changed when this AMAZING Holiday Style Stamp Set and coordinating Holiday Style Die Cuts showed up in the mail yesterday! I saw a beautiful project on Instagram that inspired my purchase and these stamps arrived in THREE days! Can you believe it? Such crazy fast shipping! So...I obviously couldn't wait to play, so I made these! I used the equally amazing Coffee Cup Gift Card Holder Die.
I think I've mentioned this before, but for some reason when I sit down to pre-make any type of project, I always settle on the amount of 6. I have found that 6 isn't always enough, so I ended up by making 8 of these today. I used 4 sheets of cardstock, getting two per sheet, of 4 different colors. I wanted an earthy feeling project, so I chose: Prairie Grass, Kraft, Pinefeather, and a random speckled white from SU! that I have had forever and I don't think they carry anymore. I also used this for the bands that the cups slide into. I had enough left over from the gift card portion that I could die cut the lid piece as well. I just mixed and matched the lids to the bases in a way that I thought looked nice.
Each of the gift card base front flaps is stamped with a really old background stamp from SU! called Flannel Plaid, but I thought it gave them the texture and detail that they needed. Each band is stamped with the pine bough image from the Holiday Style stamp set.
The bells are stamped using SU!'s Going Gray ink, Smokey Shadow and Palette black. I am absolutely amazed at the result! So incredible! The bows are stamped using Pure Poppy, SU!'s Bravo Burgundy and Palette Black. I used the coordinating die cuts, which I linked above, to die cut them. They are adhered using foam squares. I actually ended up by buying the mini "Stampin' Dimensionals" from SU! and I love them! I used them to attach the bows. The sentiment is stamped on the lid portion using Palette Black as well. These didn't take long at all! I hope you enjoyed today's project! Thanks for fluttering by!