Saturday, August 26, 2017

Verve's 10th Anni-verve-sary Day 3-Cake and Candles

Welcome to Day 3 of the Anni-VERVE-sary Spotlight Hops!  It's time for another day of spotlighting the Verve release with the Verve Divas and special guests! We're super excited to have a couple very special Diva Alumni joining us for the hop today. Everything previewed this week will be available to order in the Verve online store on Monday, August 28. If you just can't wait, you can pre-order the entire release now as the August 2017 Buy it All Bundle at a 30% discount through August 27.
Today we're sharing our first projects featuring the Cake and Candles stamp set, another fusion of old and new. This birthday themed compilation includes some brand new birthday sentiments with a classy modern font pairing, as well as a few re-introductions of previous sentiments and plain janes.
Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win today's featured products! So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for the full hop list, a little more about our new products and all the prize info and deadlines!
Cake and Candles

Day 3 Hop List
1. Julee7. Lesley
2. Maureen8. Christyne
3. Betty9. Laurie
4. Charmaine10. Kelly (Guest)
5. Marisa11. Michelle W. (Alumni)
6. Tosha L.(Alumni)
Welcome to day THREE of the 10th Anni-verve-sary for Verve Stamps! I'm having so much fun and I'm so honored that Julee included me on this amazing milestone! She's a rockstar! I'm so beyond proud of her! With that being said, let's get on with the projects for today that showcase the fabulous new "Cake and Candles" set! You can't ever have too many birthday sentiments and this one is sure to become a fast favorite! 
 I actually chose to create a non-traditional birthday card and in all reality, it doesn't even need to BE a birthday card because the sentiment can be used for a generic thinking of you design. I felt like creating something with an organic vibe to it. I think it was those little ferns that got to me again. They are included in the stamp set that was showcased yesterday if you'd like to scroll down to yesterday's post.  Such a sweet little image but it really can pack a punch when it is used in the right way. To begin, I created this background using distress oxide ink and a stencil. I really like how it came out. From there, my mind's eye needed some corrugated Kraft paper. So....I dusted off(literally) the old paper crimper and got to work. I can see my crimper getting a little more attention in the future, too. I used to use it quite a bit.



It created the perfect backdrop for the focal sentiment piece that I turned into a tag by adding an eyelet and some hemp. I diecut a trio of the fern images and scattered them across the card. I matted the corrugated panel onto a piece of black paper for some added contrast.
 My next design showcases a more traditional use of the set as well as a fun, rainbow stenciled background. It was created using an assortment of oxide inks and a stencil. I trimmed it down slightly to fit onto an A2 card base. 
 I stamped the cupcake image onto white paper and then colored it using copic markers. After that was done I punched it out with a circle punch and adhered it to a black  piece of paper that the sentiment had been heat embossed onto previously. The finishing touch is an assortment of rainbow sparkle gems for some shine. I couldn't resist putting one as a cherry on top of the cupcake. 
This last card is a quick one that I decided to make last minute because I just HAD to use this fun saying with the cupcakes! It is a shaker card, but in the end, I didn't add enough sequins. boo hoo! Oh well! It's still cute and gets the point across. I created the windows using square die cuts and then used my MISTI to line up the cupcakes perfectly! They are colored with copic markers and then a litte wink of stella for shine! Thanks for fluttering by!

46 comments:

Colleen said...

Your cards are stunning.

lynneatw said...

I love this birthday set and your cute card.

New Creations said...

Speechless! I am becoming a fan of your decent work and your designing is just stunning!

Andrea Shell said...

Wow, beautiful cards! Love your stenciled backgrounds!!

Kris B said...

All your cards are amazing! Love the layers on the first one!

Celeste Goff said...

Fabulous cards! I especially love the first one on kraft!

Migdalia said...

All of your cards are Fabulous & Fun!! Awesome job!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

wannabcre8tive said...

Your cards are all amazing, but the first one is my favorite.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Very distinctly difference but all lovely.

Sheri said...

All three are great but the color blending one is my favorite. I love color blending and it is so festive!

stampfoldandrepeat (Jeanie) said...

Wow, it's amazing how you created so many cards with the same stamp set! That shaker card is fun!

Mary Holshouser said...

Fantastic cards.
The first with the fancy stenciling
is elegant.
The coloring on the second is so
pretty. And the shaker is fun.
thanks for sharing.

Janis said...

WOW!!! LOVE these. I am in inspiration overload just looking at your wonderful cards. Fabulous work.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Once again, all your cards are amazing either very classy or fun. Congratulations !

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Love them all, especially the pink one with cupcakes - so cute.

Anonymous said...

Love these. Love the background on the first card and the color match on the second card! Love the sayings on that new set. Beautiful!

Christine said...

How lovely! Once again, you have shared an entire collection of fabulous cards. I really like the sentiment used on the first card...I have had it as a poster in my classroom for years.

Jeanne said...

I love your beautiful cards! The sentiments are lovely from the new stamp set!

Karthikha said...

Fantastic creations! Love them all :)

CherylQuilts said...

WOW! Three fabulous card, Kelly, and I LOVE each one for how different they are and the styles! Love how you've used the stencils and really love the window card with the "windows" of cupcakes! Fabulous inspiration! Hugs!

Marisa said...

Wonderful array of cards and styles!

Moira said...

3 great cards-thanks for sharing your creative talents with us!

Arianna Barbara said...

Beautiful cards!!! Great work!!!

Becca Yahrling said...

All beautiful! I love white on kraft so love the first card for that. And shakers are my favorite, so love that one, too. And a rainbow of color, always #1 for me. :-)

Janelle said...

Very inspiring! Beautiful use of stencils. Great details.

Dee Earnshaw said...

Wow what a gorgeous selection of cards thanks for the inspiration:)

craftymom205 said...

Great cards. Love the first one.

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous cards! Love them all!

Sue D said...

Fabulous variety of cards you created.

Hetty said...

Kelly, I love all your variations.
Some totally different cards and such great inspiration.

stampwithsandy said...

What terrific cards, and what wonderful backgrounds you've created!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful cards with beautiful layers!

Sharon T said...

Wonderful cards. All of the layers make them look extra special.

Heather said...

These are all so fabulous!! I really love that first one! It's beautiful while being filled with neutrals and that sentiment is awesome!

Rosemary said...

your cards are just so amazing!! love the way you are showcasing the new stamps!!

Super Stick Chick said...

Wonderful cards, love how you highlighted the sentiments. Fabulous new release! Happy 10!!!

Sue Crease said...

All 3 cards are stunning, the first one is my favourite but only because I like Kraft cards. X

Unknown said...

Wonderful cards. I have to say though my favorite is the rainbow one

Jill Rauenhorst said...

Such fun cards! Love the first one...I will pull my crimper out every once in a while and often wonder why I don't use it more, I love what it adds!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow - what gorgeous cards. You covered every angle with the natural colours and that wonderful corrugated cardboard, to the beautiful ombre background, to the shaker card. Each one has a special beauty all its own.

Beverly S. said...

Excellent cards....you do such pretty creations. :)

Unknown said...

Lovely cards and my favorite is the first one. I love the colors and all of the elements. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

StirYourCreativity said...

Superb cards. Loved the first one with kraft and white to it.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty cards! Love that rainbow!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

I think a rainbow cupcake must be the happiest thing on earth! All of these are so pretty!

Carmela said...

Another beautiful set of cards. Your backgrounds are wonderful. Love all the layers in the first card!