Thursday, August 24, 2017

Verve's 10th Anni-verve-sary Blog Hop-Little Ones

Welcome to my blog! I am SO excited to be a guest designer for this amazing milestone and I'm so proud of Julee! She is so amazing! She has always been such an inspiration to me! Now that you're here, you can find out about all of the the festivities below! You should have arrived here from Christyne's Blog. I have LOTS of cards using this adorable new set so make sure to scroll to the end! I was just having so much fun! 
                                                 Verve Stamps August 2017 Spotlight Hops
Welcome to our 10th Anni-VERVE-sary Spotlight Hops! Verve is celebrating 10 years of bringing stamps to the world with a release of new and classic Verve! For the next few days we'll be shining our creative spotlights on the new Verve sets and dies that will be releasing Monday, August 28. We hope you'll join us as the design team, special Guest Diva Kelly Lunceford, and some fabulous rockstar alumni Divas share their inspirations with the new goodies this week.
Today's feature is on the Little Ones stamp set and coordinating Little Ones Die Set. A fusion of old and new, this baby themed set brings back some of Verve's most popular plain janes, mixed with a few new designs to tie it all together.
Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win today's featured products! Leave a little shout out in the comments section on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for the full hop list, a little more about our new products and all the prize info and deadlines!

Little OnesLittle Ones Die Set


Day 1 Hop List
1. Julee5. Marisa
2. Maureen6. Lesley
3. Betty7. Christyne
4. Charmaine8. Kelly (Guest)



 Julee is the queen of amazing sentiments and it's easy to make them the star of the show and in this case, figuratively and literally! Isn't this star sentiment the best? I chose to create a celestial looking watercolored background but kept it simple so the sentiment would pop! The background is created by using 140lb. watercolor paper and then I used THESE to create the background.
The sentiment is heat embossed using gold powder on Kraft paper and then diecut and adhered to the card. I also added a vellum strip to the center for some visual interest. A few sequins finish up this simple, yet striking design. This sentiment is perfect for more than just baby cards, too~ Everyone needs to know that they're loved on a regular basis, right?
Next up is a fun little design using the heart and chickie stamp and coordinating die cuts. I was having so much fun blending, I thought it might be fun to blend a blue sky for this little chikie to fly away...or is it a duck? LOL!  The blended background is also spritzed with some shimmer spray for shine. I love the way it reacts with distress inks and oxide inks.The duck/chick is colored using Copic Markers. I stamped and die cut the hearts and used them as balloons. They also have a generous amount of Nuvo Glaze as well so they are shiny like balloons. 



I temporarily placed the chick and hearts into place so that I could draw some black balloon strings using a black marker. Once that was done, I was able to place everything permanently onto the card using foam squares. The sentiment is heat embossed in silver and a few sequins for some shine finish it off.


My next card incoporates the cute rattle image and coordinating die cuts which are linked in the intro above. These will all be available for purchase on the 28th. To begin, I blended some Spun Sugar Distress Ink onto some Bristol paper for a nice smooth blend. I concentrated the most saturated color in the middle of the panel so the eye would be pulled to the sentiment. I


The sentiment is stamped in gray ink for a soft feel. I stamped and colored a bunch of the rattle images, very simply, and then used the coordinating die cuts to cut them out. I also added some Nuvo Glaze over the top of each one and let them dry. I have not used any Glossy Accents since I purchased the glaze. I love that the tip doesn't clog and is ready to go! It has a much faster flow, which I mentioned in an earlier post, so it has a learning curve.

I die cut the blended panel using an edger die and then added the rattles using foam squares. I cut the overhanging bits using scissors following the edges and curve of the paper. This focal piece is adhered to a Soft Stone piece of cardstock. The "congrats" sentiment, which is also included in the set, is heat embossed in Silver. The trio of silver Nuvo drops finish the design.

The last card is quick and fun using a unique sentiment. I just love that Julee thought of something for the grandparents. My son's teacher is expecting a new grandbaby in a few weeks so I am excited to give this to her with a little baby gift.  The circle portion is blended as well (shocker) and the sentiment is stamped in black. I also added some nuvo glaze to the the banner portion for some shine. I like how it made the color look more intense in this area as well.
The rattle is colored and cut and then I added a generous  amount of Wink Of Stella as well as Nuvo Glaze.  The little star image that I used is from another new set that will be showcased in the next few days. The yellow portion is dry embossed using the knitted embossing folder from Richard Garay. I liked how it seemed like a baby's blanket. I used my MISTI for exact placement of the "congrats" sentiment. A bow of black baker's twine finishes it off. Join me tomorrow for MORE new samples using the new sets!! Thanks for fluttering by!

42 comments:

Gloria said...

Love the background on your card. They are all so cute. Thanks

Janis said...

Your cards are AWESOME!! I esp love that starry background on the first one. You did a beautiful job of showcasing Julee's new set! Congratulations on the guest spot. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

JoAnn said...

Wow, beautiful baby cards. Love each one, but my favorite is the pink/green one with the rattles. So soft and pretty.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...so many incredible and beautiful cards. LOVE them all!

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, what a great gallery of cards to love! I especially love your amazing starry background on the first card, it combines so wonderfully with the sentiment.

Marisa said...

You were a creating machine for this set :) Darling variety of cards!! Think the third is my favorite, but hard to chose. Thanks for joining us as an alumni!

Dee Earnshaw said...

Wow your cards are stunning - there are so many layouts to try out. Thanks for sharing:)

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh my! How cute!!!

Sue Crease said...

OMG these cards are just gorgeous ! I love them all. I like how you have raised the focal image on them. My favourite is the one with the rattles on it. First Class. X

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the first card.
The background is fantastic.
All of the cards are darling
so it's bad to pick just one.
thanks for sharing.

abhoneyab said...

Your backgrounds are stunning, I love the colors. Great job!

Sheri said...

Great cards! I couldn't pick a favorite until I got to the grandparent card

Lesley said...

Amazing projects, Kelly!!!

solarj said...

Your cards are awesome. Love the background on the first card.

Chrystyna said...

LOVE all your cards!!! My favorite is the first with the watercolor background, fantastic and with the beautifully embossed sentiment. What a great use of stamps and dies in all your cards. Thanks for sharing so many great ideas for lovely baby cards!!!

stampfoldandrepeat (Jeanie) said...

Wow, so many wonderful cards. I really love them all! That dreamy blue sky + kraft, the whimsical duckie / chickie flying away, and two CAS cards - amazing!

Christine said...

Oh, my! Each and every one of your cards is a treat for the eyes. Glad I don't have to pick a favorite, because I admire them all!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my word, you're such a rockstar, Kelly! Love each and every one of these adorable cards. The birdie (Perhaps a chick in a past life, now living it up as a duckie? Because, let's face it, duck feet are much cuter than chick feet!) hanging from those sweet heart balloons just stole my heart, though! Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talents with us.

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous cards, Kelly! They are all amazing...you are really rocking this release!

Sue D said...

Fabulous variety of cards you created. Love the galaxy background on the first one.

craftymom205 said...

Great cards. Love the background of the first one.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Welcome to your guest spot. Wow, you have created a gorgeous assortment of sweet baby cards here. You have really shown the versatility of this set.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow! What a fabulous post filled with lots of beauties, very brilliant and versatile, great work with this release!

New Creations said...

You come up with such brilliant ideas and I love your creativity! Happy guest designing!

Karthikha said...

Wow! Fantastic cards! Each one is unique and sooo beautiful :)

Lucy E. said...

Such great cards! I don't know
if I can pick a favorite-they're all so
fun! I love the background on the 1st
card and the card with the balloons is
so adorable! Great inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Love the star sentiment. Love how you kept is simple.

Hetty said...

OH my goodness, Kelly, what can i see: I love all your cards!
They show of the stamps so perfectly in all the different colors
and totally different backgrounds.
You must have enjoyed using the stamps.

justMarie said...

The yellow "blanket" is perfect!!!

Migdalia said...

I love all of your darling cards!!Beautiful job!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Janelle said...

All So Cute, but I really like your celestial sky card the most.

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful cards! Love the first one with the pretty sentiment and colors! The chick with balloons is absolutely adorable!

Colleen said...

Such sweet cards. Total cuteness all that way

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Wow !! You've made an awesome job on all these sweet and lovely cards !! The colours are great and the coloring job is stunning. Really like them all.

Moira said...

As a new grandmother to a beautiful baby girl- I am loving this set and your cards!

Jill Rauenhorst said...

Wow, you are so talented! Love all your cards, and you are right, the background on the "Twinkle Twinkle" card really does make the sentiment pop!

Heather said...

Wow, you were busy for this release!! These cards are all so fabulous!! Love that first one with the stunning background!

Unknown said...

Your cards are truly beautiful. I especially love the starry background you created on the first card. I goes perfectly with that sentiment.

Beverly S. said...

Cute baby cards!!!! Good job!

Unknown said...

All of your cards are so cute and good job on all of them. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

StirYourCreativity said...

Beautiful card. I loved the background of the first card the most. Looks surreal.

Carmela said...

Wow, what a great selection of beautiful cards! Love the first one with the great night sky and the ones with the rattles are adorable!