Saturday, June 10, 2017

Blessed beyond measure!

 I told you I wouldn't be able to resist using Round Repeats again! I actually made this right after I put together the mini card and tag from my Secret Sister gifts. I really liked the way the Hawaiian Shores ink looked full strength and then stamped off once. I decided to leave the design with only the two impressions so that I could play around with some of the other elements included in the set.




The second color I brought in is Limeade Ice. Blue and green are so lovely together.....one of my favorite color combinations; so refreshing and calming. I added the center element in a bold black to give it some added interest; I really like how it looks. I also added an additional sentiment to the inside of the card using black ink.
 The card base is created using Limeade Ice card stock to pull in more of the lesser used color. I toyed around with a Hawaiian Shores base, but ultimately, Limeade Ice was the perfect choice. I really like the softness it brings to the project without adding any heaviness.




 Black is the perfect choice for the sentiment to really pop against the lighter background. It also helps balance the black medallions in the middle of the pattern. The  word Blessed was die cut 4 times out of black card stock and then layered on top of each other using Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive
 The stamped portion of the sentiment is from the Inspired: Blessed mini stamp set and it has been only used once as well. So shameful! LOL! I stamped the "beyond measure" portion onto a strip of black card stock using Versamark Ink and heat embossed white powder over the top for a striking and bold look.  
These elements are adhered to a vellum card stock panel using Scor Tape directly under the black sentiment piece to hide any adhesive marks. I love using vellum because of the softness it creates, but sometimes getting it adhered to the project in a sightly manner can cause some trouble. I really like how it looks and I do feel that it is secure enough. I also added a trio of Sparkling Clear sequins for some shine and added dimension. Such a simple card, but it gave me a chance to play around with this fun set. My husband's birthday is Sunday and I am hoping to try it out in a masculine design since I am already done with Father's Day cards. Go me! Ha ha! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: