Monday, April 10, 2017

Bunnies in my {Basket}!

Easter is coming WAY too fast and I am having WAY too much fun creating all kinds of fun things to celebrate one of my favorite Holidays! I'm back today to share my new current obsession...besides the carrots! LOL! If you saw THIS post you know I've been making a paper garden of carrot treat boxes! I decided that I needed something to put all of them in. Of course a basket comes to mind and I remembered a darling fabric basket that one of my dear friends gave me a few years back. I asked her for the pattern and she told me that she got it off of Pinterest. I decided that it would be easier to come up with something myself rather than try and read confusing instructions that just make my head spin. So...I came up with my own confusing instructions and a tutorial that you can see HERE




I'm calling my version The {Flutterby} Basket! They are really fun to make and they are the perfect companion for Mr. Bunny's cute carrot treat box! Isn't the argyle carrot so super cute? I think my kids would eat carrots better if they looked more like this!
I had so much fun mixing and matching the fabrics that I picked up to make each one unique. They're just like snowflakes...no two alike!




You can see the assortment of fat quarters that I picked up the other day at my favorite sewing store. They are from Moda which is one of my favorite manufacturers.



The carrot treat box was diecut from the new "carrot treat box" die from PTI {go figure}.Ha ha! The paper is old DSP from SU! but it perfect for these boxes. I also discovered that you can get two carrots from one piece of 12 by 12 paper. On some of the earlier ones I made, I didn't position the die on the paper to maximize the paper and I ended up wasting it. I was so thrilled to see that if I layed it out better, I could get two from one paper.





The tag was created using one of the other dies that comes with the box. I wasn't planning on threading anything through the hole at the top, so I used a PTI button to cover it up. I thought the cute flower button was the perfect touch. The bunny is from "Sweet Treats" another new set from PTI and the sentiment was heat embossed using gold powder onto Kraft paper. I added some stickles to Mr. Bunny's ears and  nose for an extra detail. Thanks for fluttering by! Follow me on Instagram @kellylunceford

No comments: