Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Blush and Bashful {thanks}

 It seems as though I have a lot to be thankful for lately...and I do! This little number will get popped in the mail this week for a deserving friend. The poor post office seems to tire of my requests for additional postage and reassurances that no harm will come to my outgoing mail! LOL!


 I started my design by clustering a bouquet of flowers in my signature colors; Blush and Bashful! Just kidding! I couldn't resist! I do, however, love this combination of pinks. Actually, the first step was arranging the base layers including the blush doily on the side. After that was done, I just had fun stamping and layering the flowers and leaves. I originally had planned to use a diecut sentiment but in the end I didn't like it at all. I was kindof bummed because I didn't want to cover up any of the details with a solid piece of cardstock and like I said, the diecut wasn't working. Yay for vellum, right? It was the perfect fix!~





I actually really like the softness that it gives the card and makes everything seem so sweet. The finishing touches are some white sequins, diamond stickles a pink button and some navy baker's twine. I really like how it turned out. I think this would also make a pretty wedding card.  Thanks for fluttering by!


8 comments:

Janice Rosenthal Rock said...

Just gorgeous!! I'm thinking I need to use navy more with pastels! And I love these pretty pastel doilies you're using . .. gotta search for some of those! I LOVE your creations, Kelly . . . blessings to you and your sweet family!

Debra said...

This is beautiful! I totally love vellum, and it really works on this card!

Cindy Otto said...

I love the navy and pink combination and I'm a real big fan of your colored doilies! I have pink and Aqua colored ones that I love. So glad you are back blogging again. Thanks for sharing.

ChristineCreations said...

The layering on this design is gorgeous Kelly!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much! They are actually from Hobby Lobby's brand "the paper studio". I bought a few other colors as well so I'm sure you'll be seeing more of them. ;)

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you!!!

jan metcalf said...

So glad you are back Kelly! Nice card!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I just love this. Those flowers and the colors are stunning!