Friday, March 22, 2013

You make life so sweet!

 As promised, here is the second design in the set I am making for my friend.  To be honest, they are taking much longer than expected. The deadline to have them done is fast approaching. At this point, I need to make one design a day X 4 to get them done in time. I finished these up today, but made another set as well. What a relief!  For this card, I used the strawberry set and coordinating sentiment set, but for the life of me I can't remember the name. I told you I am awful!  I used the largest image and coordinating flower die to make a big impact without needing a lot of layers, etc.  The coloring took a while, but once that was done, everything came together quickly.
 I decided on the sentiment because it seemed really generic; it could be used for a birthday, thinking of you, or thank you. Hopefully she will find it just as versatile.
 The flowers were die cut and then popped up with foam squares for some extra dimension.  I added some glossy accents to each flower and then again in the lightest part of each strawberry. I think it adds just the right touch.  The ribbon label was die cut using a nestabilities die that I love! I have used it a lot in the past, but it hasn't been used much recently. It was good to get it back in the rotation. I found this fun pink lace at the sewing store the other day, so I thought I would use it.   That's about it! Thanks for fluttering by! P.S. I posted a fun little springy sewing project here if you are interested!

2 comments:

Julie Marshall said...

Super sweet card Kelly!

BA Vella said...

very nice and I like the layout. The little flowers cut out and popped up really do add something..great idea!